Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I found a cure....you can get it too...

Re: I found a cure....you can get it too...

Franklin,

I know what you speak of is the truth and I'm so glad you found something that worked for you. I do believe that we need to live in the present to conquer anxiety yet sometimes it can be so difficult to do. I'm so happy for you.

Hugs,

Laura

Hi Franklin, I have been doing what you have done for the last month or so and the anxiety is definitely getting less. I have been this way since July 2006 and I was 85% cured during April, May and June last year. Then I had a relapse back in August and I have been trying to get over it all again ever since. But you are so right about accepting how we are feeling and stop thinking anxious thoughts and reacting to the feelings of anxiety. As you say, nothing will happen to us will it and I am just getting to the point where I am able to go down town on a busy Saturday afternoon. At least thats what I did this Saturday for the first time in months and I was quite proud of myself!! I felt unreal but I kept telling myself to just carry on enjoying shopping and that nothing awful would happen and of course nothing awful did happen. In fact the feelings got less as I carried on looking around. I am not cured yet but I am a lot better than I was at Xmas.

Take Care
    Shirley
    x x x

Hi Franklin, I have been doing what you have done for the last month or so and the anxiety is definitely getting less. I have been this way since July 2006 and I was 85% cured during April, May and June last year. Then I had a relapse back in August and I have been trying to get over it all again ever since. But you are so right about accepting how we are feeling and stop thinking anxious thoughts and reacting to the feelings of anxiety. As you say, nothing will happen to us will it and I am just getting to the point where I am able to go down town on a busy Saturday afternoon. At least thats what I did this Saturday for the first time in months and I was quite proud of myself!! I felt unreal but I kept telling myself to just carry on enjoying shopping and that nothing awful would happen and of course nothing awful did happen. In fact the feelings got less as I carried on looking around. I am not cured yet but I am a lot better than I was at Xmas.

Take Care
    Shirley
    x x x

Hi all, I have just been for a walk and was away from the car for about 1.5 hours. I have had difficulty getting far from the car till a few weeks ago when I started making myself walk further. I suffer largely with unreality but I find that the more I do things and DONT get het up about it, and focus elsewhere, the less it bothers me. Also, as I said in my previous post, I just keep telling myself I will be ok and that nothing bad is going to happen. It seems to be getting less intense as time goes by. I was even able to go into town on Saturday as I said in my other post - that was the first time since about August last year! I have a way to go yet but I feel that if I take things steady, I will get there.

Love Shirley
    x x x

Wow Good for you!!! It does get easier doesn't...I'm on a rollercoaster ride right now, some days i'm overwhelmed other days i'm not. Really i've gotten it down to certain situation. I feel safer and better at home, I just need to work on being out in public. Finding that same acceptance that i've found at home. It does take time, don't get discouraged, you will have ups and downs. Enjoy the ups and practice in the downs. Remember you were here yesterday, live for today, and enjoy tommorow.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

You know an additional thing, it's important for those who want to be cured, to cure themselves, to focus on the positives. So thanks to everyone who posted their thoughts and experiences. When we begin to think positively, when we actively force ourselves to think positively both mentally and physically..it is how we reverse the other thoughts. So thank you

Hi Franklin, Yes it does get easier though it takes time. I think that thats the whole thing with anxiety etc, everyone feels safer and better at home. And I too am working on being out in public and away from the car. Yes it does take time and there has been ups and downs but you are so right. I must enjoy the ups and practice in the downs. Its hard not being discouraged at times isnt it. But I am trying very hard. I agree with you about the positives too.

I am just going out for a run in the car, only 7 or 8 miles, to a nearby town and have a look in the charity shops there. I will let you know how it went when I get back. Thats another thing - I am having to get back into driving again. Been a driver for 25 years with no trouble till the anxiety set in a couple of years ago. So I am trying to get myself back into it again.

Take Care
    Love Shirley
    x x x

Hi all, It is now 1.30pm and I managed to drive to the nearby town and look in their charity shops. I felt quite unreal at first but kept telling myself that I was ok and that nothing bad was going to happen. Anyway the feeling got less as I wandered around slowly in the lovely bright sunshine and spoke to people in the shops. I walked well away from the car too. So that was good. Then after a couple of hours I went back to the car and drove another 6 miles to Skem where I had lunch in their cafe. I was trying to push myself to drive further and it worked. I had a look around the store too. It was May or June last year, when I last did that!
    Anyway I got some nice things in the charity shops and I am now back home as I have got jobs to do. So I feel like things are looking up - I see my Psychologist on Friday at 11.30am.

Best Wishes.
    Shirley
    x x x

PS. When I said I had lunch in their cafe, I meant Asda cafe.

Shirley
    x x x

Wow good for you, i'm so happy your begining to realize you control those feelings not the other way around!

I want to remind everyone, that it's not a switch that turns on one day and everything is cheeky. It actually starts months in advance when you prepare your mind to accept the feelings and thoughts you are having. It's very very slow because your body still over reacts to EVERYTHING. But overtime when you are prepared to live with your feelings, practice changing your thoughts, it will come...it will come

Then when it comes and you see the successes we see above you have to do it ALL the time. Enjoy the highs, practice in the lows. Will you fail some days, of course you will, but you will find that the failures are a little less each time. Maybe you were out too late and got tired, maybe you pushed your body to hard during exercise, maybe you just had a stressful day. Those things will still tirgger panic and anxiety, but what I think many of us who work at cure find is..that we are now more able to bring our OVERALL anxiety level down..we begin to find more of an inner peace. This helps with those stressful situations, which helps our bodies realize that we are in control, which reduces the anxiety.

Rest
    Nutirtion
    Acceptance

those will cure you...not tommorow, not in days, weeks, but months...

I'm going to shift myself up today to 80% cured...i'm just feeling more empowered when the anxiety strikes and i'm begining to really crack true acceptance..which in my mind is the ability to continue living with the panic and not fearing it...true acceptance leads to cures..

I encourage you all to begin today...in a few months you will thank yourself.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information