Thread: Right back where i started..

Unhappy Right back where i started..

..My panic/agorphobia/anxiety all started July 11th 1998 when i was pregnant. I passed out, came round and thought i was going to vomit infront of my work collegues. Somehow, my mind (combined with pregnancy hormones) convinced me i would puke and faint whenever i went out.

(NB: I always had a fear of being sick from the age of 4, but it never stopped me from going out and doing things)

Slowly, after 2 years of being housebound, scared to go upstairs, scared to let my little boy out of the house in case he picked up germs, i got better. I didn't fear being sick so much anymore. I was panic free for almost 2 years, then i had one panic attack and another and another. That was Oct. 2006, since then i have declined just so much. I've had all the health anxiety symptoms back, i fear i have this and that illness. I am sure i am going to die at any second, and now on top of all this, the flipping norovirus has totally done me in!!! I am right back to square with, with my fear of vomiting and not leaving the house. My hands are red raw from washing them so much, i am scared that i might get sick when i am out (i remember from last year when i was ill with a tummy bug and i've read so many times that the nausea/vomiting comes on SO quickly and i am worried it WILL happen when i am out).

I am a fricking mess. I am scared of so much. I take my boy to school and worry that i might A) Puke or B) Stop breathing/faint.

I have NO life anymore and i never thought it would get this bad again, how wrong was i?

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: Right back where i started..

You got past this point before hun and you can do it again. You have the benefit of KNOWING you CAN get past it. Keep on telling yourself this, believe it and I am sure you can do this. Media hype doesn't help us anx types. The Norovirus has been around for some time and I too am scared by it but it is just as likely to come and go and you miss it completely.
    Try taking baby steps towards recovery and you will get there.
    Happyone
    xxx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Bluebell have you got any long scarves? If you wrap a long scarf round your neck/head then you have a ready-made mouth concealer if you get in a panic about puking. No-one can see the lower half of your face so you don't have to be distressed and embarrased. Wear a coat that has a collar you can pull up around you to make you feel more concealed. hope this helps though it can be tricky in Summer! Have you ever considered hypnotherapy? It is possible that you could be helped for this specifically.

bluebell,

oh hun, im sorry to hear that you are suffering like this.

i just want you to know that im here if you need me.

thinking of you mate

dawny x

Hi Bluebell,

Sorry to hear that things are rough at the minute.
    I do agree with Happyone.You have successfully emerged from this before and you can do it again.My Doctor told me to expect dips along my journey and he has been proved right.
    With perseverance and hard work,you will get there!
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Thread Information