Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: avoid seroxat

avoid seroxat

i recommend that if you havent started taking seroxat DONT START !

the withdrawal symptons are a nightmare to say the least

GLAXO SMITH KLEIN should be sued for the hell i went through withdrawing and many others i have seen suffer on the documentry SECERETS OF SEROXAT

just thought that if any one was in limbo deciding what medication to go on that they could be forewarned

Re: avoid seroxat

hi fretty freda x
    Ii do agree that the side effects are some of the worse known to mankind or womankind but Seroxat can work tremendously well after about 3 weeks of taking it for some people, yes there are loads of media about it and tons of Americans have sued but at times the advantages can outweigh the disadvantages
    All the best Richie xxxx

Hi Freda
    I take seroxat and it keeps me well most of the time and quite frankly I don't care if I have to take them for the rest of my life as long as they help me.
    Mags

hi ive been on seroxat and they worked realy well i was on them for 18 months cudnt of got threw the day without them and wen i came off them the only real side effect i can remember having wen coming off them was palpatations .its like wen taking or coming off any antidepresent thers always some kind of unwanted side effect no matter which one we take .tc elaine xx

Hi, I took seroxat for approx 5 1/2 years (1997-2003)

Yes I would say after the initial 'horrendous' side effects, which included being very anxious, and I had my first panic attack soon after taking it. I did then start to feel slightly better for a while, not so depressed but the feeling of being lightly drugged continuously helped me to cope. I continued with it for about 3 1/2 years then decided I wanted to stop taking it, mainly because of the side-effects I still continued to experience, especially the dizziness.

Then the true horror began I started withdrawal, last night I
    was actually reading the diary I wrote at that time and was horrified to realise what I went through. It took me 2 years and eventually with the help of the local pharmasist who gave me a syringe and advised taking smaller doses twice a day (I found they did it in liquid form, but had to fight to get my doctor to order it specailly for me).

I have always had 'panic' episodes during my life but lived life to the full. Ran my own company, house, and raised 3 lovely chldren, as well as holidaying frequently in the Uk and abroad.

I am now seroxat free but have a very limited life, due to anxiety, I have agoraphobia, and work and holidays are a thing of the past.

I have dizziness that on bad days keeps me in bed. I did look this up as it was the side effect that when I took seroxat affected me the most. I believe there is a small area of the ear that can be damaged by use of seroxat. I have not had this diagnosed though.

I am also med phobic now and won't even take paracetomol unless absolutely neccessary. I do take thyroxine as this is a must not a choice.

This is just my story, we all have our own, If I could sue Smith Klein I would but it wont actually make any difference. I just have to accept my life how it is now, being angry because of a choice I was advised to make won't help me.

Take care all. Christine. xx

I also had a horrendous withdrawal from Seroxat - still not over it. It seems to be the worst ssri for discontinuation syndrome. I was very active on another forum Seroxt Mad - where there are scary stories - but that helped me a lot because we all supported each other and I am still in close contact with a few people from there.

However......... Seroxat is a good medication and does work well I cannot deny that.

There are hundreds and hundreds of scary stories in connectionwith Seroxat withdrawal but there are success stories as well (I have studied this believe me) - where people are fine when taken off the med slowly and in tiny increments.

I don't think we should frighten people to death on this forum who are taking the medication - that would be so wrong. For those of you out there on Seroxat do not get scared by what you hear !! You just don't need that.

Take care all

I knew all the probs surrounding seroxat before I was prescribed it. But its has helped get my PA's under control. My GP has already said I may be on it forever. He is keeping regular checks on me as well. If I have to come off it then I will do my best to get though it.

hi - i have read some very scary stories about other a'depressants too - i think seroxat has received the most publicity though. the thing is - at the end of the day we are on powerful drugs that tamper with our brain chemistry - i think just because they are prescribed by a doctor we forget that. luckily i have come off a'depressants in the past quite easily. i once stopped lustral overnight and that is next on the list for bad withdrawals as far as i know - i did get racing heart and everything seemed bright and loud for 2 weeks which if i had panicked about - i would have spiralled out of control again but i managed to just accept it and after 2 weeks it just went. prozac and citalopram i have also stopped over a period of a couple of weeks. it obviously depends on your own body's chemistry, a lot of people swear by seroxat and so you have to weigh up the pros and cons.

to all the people out there who are on seroxat and i have worried them i am sorry everyone will react differently
    but i will still say DONT START if you havent already i was on it for 6 years and when i withdrawed using the liquid in a syrine and gradually reducing the dose i suffered ELETRIC SHOCK in my head and my legs were uncontrolable they would not stay still !
    i felt like a drug addict well it is a drug !

hope everyone will way up the pros and cons and do whats best
    i am still on medication CIPRALEX NOW and i dont care if i have to take it for the rest of my life i dont want to suffer withdrawal ever again !

Yep Fretty Freda the shocks that go through your head are unbelievable, like you are losing conciousness for split seconds, sort of seizures.
    But that is if you go" cold turkey," Usually coming off very gradually in your own time you should avoid those dreadful withdrawals, they may still happen but only mildly.
    Take care Richie xxxxxxxxxxxx

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information