Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: avoid seroxat

Re: avoid seroxat

Hi

Freda - I know exactly where you're coming from - Seroxat is renowned for its awful withdrawal symptoms. I was told mine was "Discontinuation Syndrome".

Thing is, doctors and shrinks do still prescribe it and some people have had to go back on it when other meds just won't work for them and they have resigned themselves to staying on it for the rest of their lives.

GSK are being sued for millions of Pounds for the suffering people have gone through and maybe this medication will get banned one day.

My withdrawal was very bad because I was taken off it too quickly but maybe if it is withdrawn very very slowly then the withdrawals may not be so bad.

Regarding the head shocks - I got them badly when I came off Duloxetine a couple of months ago. I think the head shocks are common with all ssri's. It's all nasty stuff innit. xx

hi - like i say - i have never had head shocks or anything like that when coming off ssri's - even when coming off very quickly.

i wonder how many people have come off seroxat fine? we only ever hear about the bad cases of withdrawal. all drugs can cause horrendous reactions - even paracetamol in some people so although i totally sympathise if you have had a terrible time on seroxat - it will not be the case for everyone. i came off lustral overnight (not advised i know) and that is second on the list to seroxat and just got palpitations and felt sensitised to light and noise for a few weeks. i also think that if you come off meds and the anxiety/depression is still there - then that is obviously going to get mixed up with the effects of withdrawal.

yeah it's odd isn't it Joannap how people react differently to medications,
    Ive learnt on this site eveyone is so individual which is a good thing ,but a difficult thing also cause there is nothing to measure things by
    You know life would be far easier if it was black and white.
    But not very exciting lol xxxxxxxxxxx
    Richie xxx

Sorry i forgot to put this above
    I had no withdrawals from lorazepam at all (odd) but many hundreds do,
    but if i had a couple glasses of wine for a few days i'd be crawling the walls or clawing ha!!!!!!!!!! life is indeed strange

i even got the shocks if i forgot to take my tablet for a day sometimes that was the only way i knew i had forgot !

I was on seroxat at a dosage of 50mg a day for five years ,and yes will admit to a point it gave me very slight relief from my feelings of panic however on a visit to a pychiatrist he decided it was no longer helping me and he stopped them abrubtly ,back then i was nieve enough to think he knew what he was doing when a few weeks later i questioned him i was told i was imagening my symptoms as GSK back then had not warned of withdrawl symptoms from this evil drug ,hence the reason now for gsk being taken to court

Years on i am here left with severe agoraphobia ,lightheadedness,tachycardia etc etc my list is endless my symptoms are so severe i barely get out of bed imo Gsk have a lot to answer for

I too had a horrible experience on Seroxat. Iwas

Sorry will try again! I was on Seroxat for 2 years, and although it helped with anxiety and depression, I feel it altered my personality quite a lot. I did things I would never have normally done pre Seroxat. When I felt ready to withdraw, I sought advice from Doc who advised cutting by droping to 1 every other day till I was off them. I managed to get down to 2 per week after the 3rd attempt and felt awful. Really bad dizziness, migraines, fatigue, anxiety and depression. I went back to Doc who advised me to stop taking them altogether and I went through sheer hell for about 8 weeks until I could cope no longer and asked to be put on something else. I am now taking 20mg citalopram, but still feel fairly anxious and since coming off Seroxat, I have developed the most awful ringing in my ears which I hear all of the time. I understand that Seroxat can be really helpful for some people, but you can't predict who is going to go through bad withdrawals. I feel very angry about what happened to me and I don't know if this ringing is ever going to go. I would personally avoid this drug like the plague! There is bad publicity about it for a reason!

This article from the BBC provides a lot of imformation about Seroxat, they don't seem that positive though!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1382551.stm

Funny (peculiar) I had no problems getting of Seroxat 6 years ago. I'm now trying to do the same with Effexor and it's a complete nightmare.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information