Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strategies for coping

sandy i know how you feel i dont like all the symtoms [V] they make you feel ill

dove x x

hi sandy your not on your own with this you say "you all know what to do" yes maybe we do but even then its too hard to kick it into action when the symptoms start and i still get the full blown attack now and again it takes time and im sure if you stick around you too will get all sorts of help that makes you feel at least some way better, it is a long road and hard work but you can do it

fan x

Sandy

A lot of the people on here are only just learning how to cope and are doing so well.

You are at the beginning of it all and we can help you too so don't worry.

Nicola

Hi Sandy,

I have suffered with depression and later anxiety for most of my adult life. In the last 2 years I have been in and out of hospital over 20 times and had all sorts of tests and procedures. This week alone I have been to hospital on 3 seperate occasions having a tube fitted through my nose and into my stomach to try and trace the route cause of my stomach and chest pains.

I am in pain most days and generally feel tired even on good days. This illness over the last 2 years has cost me a huge sum financially and almost bankrupted my business, it has affected the health and wellbeing of my partner also who has had to put up with enormous strain through all this. I spent all day yesterday in bed with palpatations and sickness and went to the well again emotionally to pull myself around for today and manage to cut the grass, feed the birds and do some shopping.

I do the things I have listed because I am trying to survive and get my life back again. Every day is a struggle and every day is a fight. Posting my list is the easy part actually sticking to that list every single day is the hard part. I choose to fight and get better but like you for the most part I feel rubbish, I cope as best I can like everyone else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information