Thread: Battling at night again

Battling at night again

My anx used to be pretty bad at night, I would get so little sleep it used to drive me up the wall. It all came right and I was getting to sleep at 10pm and getting a wonderful nights sleep. Now days when it comes to the evening I start getting very anxious...my left eye goes funny, I can feel my body tense up, I have this impending sense of doom looming over my head and I simply can't get rid of it.

I think I just wanted to get it off my chest how I am feeling, lately it feels like I am taking steps backwards as apposed to forwards. I do have a tremendious amount of stress in my life right now, I am just trying to put it down to that. But some nights I get this pounding in my head I think I am starting to worry about blood clots and brain anurisims. I want to go back to a normal life, I am feeling as though I am not coping again!

Just wanted to express my thoughts no one else really understands.
    Thanks,
    Jane

Re: Battling at night again

Hi Jane
    I had trouble sleeping a while back and when i started taking meds it was even worse. By the time i went to bed my body and mind were ready to explode with a constant whirring and i just couldn't relax. I know its not the answer but i used some prescribed sleeping tablets for a few days which got me back on track. I now do some exercise, maybe a swim or take a walk with the dogs before bed to help clear my mind, then i use bachs rescue remedy for sleep and its really helped me.
    I always put the radio on when i go to bed too, (lbc is my favourite cos its conversation) which keeps my mind occupied.
    Hope you feel better soon
    Donna

I completely understand! I feel much the same alot of the time. I have ben trying to exercise more and have been doing alot of reading on meditation etc. It has really seemed to help. Try any books or CD's by Jon-Kabat Zinn. They are amazing!
    Hope thing settle for you soon!

ok i came on tonight cause i am having the pounding head thing and worried about exactly the same. i am also really stressed out at the moment but my boyfriend has a go if i wake him up at night when i am freaking out. this place is great and people are always here to help

Thread Information