Thread: Vascular Dementia worry

Vascular Dementia worry

Hi All

Its been a while since I have been on here as I have been coping with my dads illness. He developed Vascular dementia and has just passed away on Saturday. I am now stressed out as well as grieving. I am concerned that I will develop the same even though it seems to be caused by lifestyle. I cant think straight at the moment and that makes me worry that I am starting with this complaint.

I am begining to find it hard to cope with the worry.

Any help please

Memyselfandi

Re: Vascular Dementia worry

im ever so sorry about youre dad,i think when we suffer from anxiety and someone has died of so n so we"re all inclined to worry will i get this i done the same after i lost my parents only i took it to far nearly went off the rails because of it . youll be all right you take care.

sally...

sorry to hear about your dad! It has to be very hard, you are under a lot of stress at the moment!

After having a quick read you are right it appears to be associated with lifestyle or certain conditions, though it indicates if you have proper treatment for these conditions there shouldn't be a problem. If you are concerned it could be a hereditory thing speak to your doctor it might be something worth putting on your file, you could be just looked at a bit more closely if that would be of any comfort.

I hope you feel better soon, try keep yourself busy it might help with the worrying.

Take care,
    Janie

Hello there,

I'm very sorry to hear about your dad, that must have been devastating. I read a book recently called Optimum Nutrition for the Mind (am I allowed to plug that?!?) that has all sorts of nutrition information on how to prevent dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Maybe that could help?

Ed

Thread Information