Thread: spots on tongue

spots on tongue

hi im really worried about these spots on my tongue i keep getting, they don't last very long, they tend to be on the bottom of the tongue and they aren't really painful just annoying and uncomfortable. i'm really worried i have cancer of the tongue or is just drinking too much coke and not enough water? please help!! im very worried
    Please reply
    Luv Louise

Re: spots on tongue

If I eat too much spicy food I get them as well.

They are like small ulcers and harmless and will go.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

hey everyone, i'm still really worried abou this because its really weird coz i get a white spot underneath my tongue and within a day it is gone and then a couple of days later it is back again. i'm also constantly looking at my tongue in the mirror all the time and i keep thinking it doesn't look right, like it may look a funny colour or something. any ideas if it may be serious or not? is it all in my head?
    Please reply
    Luv Louise

PLEASE TRY NOT TO WORRY I NURSED SOMEONE WITH CANCER OF THE TOUNGE AND THEY NEVER HAD SPOTS ON IT I WONT TELL YOU WHAT THERE TOUNGUE LOOKED LIKE ELSE YOU MIGHT LOOK FOR THAT TOO IT SOUNDS LIKE LITTLE ULCERS TO ME YOU GET THEM ALOT IF YOU DRINK ALOT OF FIZZY POP AND HAVE BOILED SWEETS OR JUST WHEN YOUR RUN DOWN I HAVE HAD THEM ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS PLEASE TRY NOT TO WORRY XXX

Usually, doctors say that if you get any growth on your tongue, gum's, or anywhere else in the mouth that last more than a fortnight, then you should go to your doctors to get it checked out. But If it goes within a day, then it's more likely to be microorganisms or something, like if your tongue is yellow? then it could be bacteria. I'd still go to your doctors if it is concerning you though, just to put your mind at ease.

I had a burning tongue that lasted a few months & a furry tongue.

Its nothing believe me. I had all the tests done.

Hi Louise

Sounds like little ulsers to me, nothing to worry about.

When i had problems with my toungue my GP adviced me to use Corsodyl mouthwash, you can get it from the chemist, he also advised to brush my toungue twice a day with a soft toothbrush and water. I had suffered with a tongue ulcers and burning tongue for weeks but after his advice it cleared up in a few days.

Love

Andrea
    xxxx

A furry tongue can be a sign of the B12 deficiency I have got, also it could be thrush but I doubt that cos I would think it would probably get worse not keep coming and going.
    I Regularly get a little cluster of pin head spots on the tip of my tongue which can last a few weeks and it really hurts my whole mouth they do seem to come and go also you could have just simply burned it on something hotter than normal.
    I find thing like strepsils help has these numb my mouth a bit and there anti bacterial.
    Feel better soon.

Not that google is good for any of us but have a look at a geographical tounge, I have it and yes i worried about it.....don't you worry anymore!!
    This is normal.

Thread Information