Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Home

Re: Home

Do try and work with people hun rather than against them - you'll get soooo much further!!!!

Let us know how it goes.

Love Piglet

Good luck with the meeting

Hey, the dietician appointment might just be helpful! Dieticians are usually pretty good and know what they're talking about

Glad to hear you have been out and about hun - keep it up!

xxx

Thanks for your support Piglet and Dying Swan

I'm seeing the dietician tomorrow. I could do with some help with some vegetarian ideas because I'd prefer not to have meat and to have more vegetables than I have now. I'm a bit stuck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    Do try and work with people hun rather than against them - you'll get soooo much further!!!!
    Actually working against the CMHT went in my favour today. I think my CPN knew I didn't want to be there and since she said she would prefer I was honest with her when her and my social worker said the 3 options for the future are: 1. Meetings to continue there, 2. psycho-social meetings out, eg going out for coffee etc, or 3. Discontinuing contact with the CMHT I am sure you can guess which I opted for .

Yes, I said I don't want to see them anymore. My CPN said we will have to have a meeting with my GP to plan my discharge properly and then my social worker piped saying in my GP might not be happy to have the 'responsibility' back for me. I don't need anyone to take responsibilty for me. I can take responsibility for myself.

Anyway, if all goes well I'll be discharged from the CMHT in 3 weeks. The meeting is due to take place when I next see my GP for my routine appointment. That will be a quick meeting since it is during her normal surgery!

Karen xx

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't need anyone to take responsibilty for me. I can take responsibility for myself.
    Karen xx
    Mmmm!!!

The medical proffession do have a duty of care for you hun.

You didn't work against them today you worked with them actually by being honest and by being honest it opened up other possible routes of progression. They are not the enemy karen, they don't sit there thinking up ways to make your life difficult - they are on your side wanting you to get better.

The knub of this of course is your reluctance to want to get better which is what we keep coming back to time and time again. Until you can get your head round wanting to give up the anorexic/destructive behaviour you will always see the help as unwanted interference.

The day you really work with them then we will know we are on the home straight!

Love Piglet

Have a big hug and squeeze foe being so sensible (and right!) as usual hun

They don't sit there thinking up ways to make your life difficult
    Hmmm I do kind of think of them sitting there plotting of ways to get me I get quite paranoid about it at times but it is because I don't trust them. I don't now and I don't think I ever will no matter what happens.

I know I'm responsible for my weight loss but they are the ones who put me in eating disorder units and threaten me with mental health act sections when it is MY life and MY body so we'll never see eye to eye about it.

I just want to get away from them. Freedom is in sight again now

Karen xx

. Freedom is in sight again now

Karen xx
    Freedom and death maybe

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Freedom and death maybe
    No, not this time. I'm seeing the dietician. I'm seeing my CBT therapist. I've decided to try the natural supplement 5HTP in an attempt to lift my mood and help my sleeping pattern.

Food and anorexia will always be a problem. I hate myself right now because because sleep walking/eating is bad and I'm swinging between bingeing and starving.

I'm going to try 5HTP to help regulate my mood and to help with sleep. I'm talking to my CBT therapist about my sleeping pill addiction.

I am trying to do something to help myself, even though it doesn't look like it

Karen xx
    Last edited by Karen; 01-04-08 at 04:53.

I'm going to try 5HTP to help regulate my mood and to help with sleep. I'm talking to my CBT therapist about my sleeping pill addiction.

Karen xx
    Oh well done mate - I'm most pleased to hear that you are going to try these things. Also what about considering both Bach Flower rememdies and Homeopathy too??

This is a most proactive step in the right direction - well done again!!

Love Piglet

Hey Karen

Really glad to hear you are making some positive steps Well done!

Please believe what Piglet says - they really don't deliberately upset you! I do know how it feels, from both sides. It can be really hard to trust professionals, and as a professional, it can be really hard to make decisions and keep people's trust.

Anyway, great stuff that you are talking to the dietician and your CBT therapist. I hope the 5HTP helps you and things improve

xxx

Hi Karen..
    Its good that you are acting in such a positive way but i did happen to read this about 5HTP.

5htp (5-hydroxytryptophan) can be used therapeutically for a wide range of conditions related to low serotonin levels.

Acting as an appetite suppressant in a number of ways, 5-htp increases the appetite regulatory hormone leptin. Most remarkably for dieters, 5htp seems to specifically control carbohydrate cravings by increasing serotonin levels, which are lower in those restricting caloric intake

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread Information