karen

i realy dont know what to say hun

i hope today that you are feeling better

have some hugs

jodie xx xx

Re: Home

Karen

Have some hugs from me as well

I'm also a bit lost to know what to say. (Yea, it's a first I know!)

I do think starting a new thread could be helpful for you, but I also feel it might be slightly unreasonable for us to expect you not to mention anorexia.

At the same time, us all going on and on about it maybe doesn't help either.

What do you think?

Have a nice weekend - I'm still hoping you might change your mind and come along to the meet.

Take care

xxx

Karen

Bet you darent tell us what the docs scales said!!!!!!

Cos you know what we'd say

Love and hugs

Joy

I think we need a professionals opinion on this post ,
    to say if they think if its a good idea or not .

I imagine we need a proffesional in anorexia disorders.

I wonder if there is a site we could visit for advice ?
    or a helpline ?

Because as its been mentioned before we are out of our depth here.

Good morning button,

Karen hun I won't be answering on this thread anymore because I have nothing more to offer on the subject of anorexia I'm afraid.

I do however wish to continue to support you in a more general sense and I can certainly try and offer advice or hugs on anxiety/panic matters.

I don't mind touching on the outskirts of anorexia but this thread in my opinion is now totally counterproductive.

With this in mind I will start a more general thread where we can say hello.

Big hugs

Love Piglet

Hi Karen,

I have read the entire Thread before posting today.I debated whether or not to post anything.

I cannot,in good conscience,be two-faced about this.I have privately expressed the view to senior members of NMP that I am concerned at the direction this thread has taken and feel that it should not be allowed to continue.

I do not believe that NMP is the proper forum for your anorexia issues when compared with the aims of NMP as expressed on the Home Page.

I honestly believe that you need professional help for your anorexia which is beyond the capabilities of this Forum.

I believe this Forum should be as open to you as it is to anyone else with issues of Anxiety/Depression.I also accept that it may be impossible for you to pigeonhole your Anorexia and exclude it from this Forum.

Until you are willing to accept professional help whole-heartedly,I do not see things changing for you.You have engaged in behaviour which is self-destructive in the extreme and I do so wish that that was not the case.
    I would be delighted if you could overcome this heinous illness- and I do believe you are capable of that.

I understand that you have difficulties in trusting Anorexia web-sites enough to express yourself openly but I would offer the observation that it is for you to change.If you do not,you will die.I do not believe that this Thread should remain open simply to mark that.

I understand that you may ignore or refute what I say but I have written this in good conscience.

There is another way of life open to you.It is for you to grasp it.

Should the new Thread develop along similar lines to this Thread,I will actively campaign for it to be closed forthwith.
    I do wish you every success in your struggle with your health issues-and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

The anorexia though IS part of Karen as much as any other mental health problem is a part of us.

Where on earth do you suggest we draw the line? What about all the people that have posted on here about Agorophobia? you can also give them advise until you are blue in the face but the fact remains that you cannot be the one person that makes them make the decision to leave their house.

All people on here can do is to offer support and suggestions. We are not professionals, we cannot "cure" anyone, be it anorexics or indeed phobics or anyone else for that matter.

What no one seems to understand is that anorexia is nothing at all to do with eating. It is a mental health problem which manifests itself as an eating disorder. Others may self harm in a physical way to deal with their anxieties and to have some "control" over their feelings. Anorexics use food as their "control". It isn't a conscious thing, they don't WANT to feel as they do, it is as much out of their control as any other feelings which fall under the mental health umbrella.

I think a lot of peoples problems on here are beyond the capabilities of the forum. If you were to reply on an Agorophobics thread to the affect that they didn't have to live that life, that their destiny is in their own hands and just leave the house today and you will be fine, you would get shot down in flames. Why should Karen's plight be any different? A lot of people here shun professional help. Should they also not post for fear of upsetting people?

I know I'm totally going against what everyone feels, but for once I really don't care.

Kate

has anybody ever killed themselves through agoraphobia and had an audience? agoraphobia is a serious condition, not an illness, i dont know what anorexia is but it is making karen 'ill'. however bad someone feels with agoraphobia they do not make themselves so physically ill that they are in a life or death situation. i would liken anorexia to an addiction, and agoraphobia a habit - i think there is a difference - an addiction has to be admitted to before it can be conquered whereas a habit just has to be conquered. i think most agoraphobics know their behaviour is also self destructive, but their anxiety stems precisely from a fear of fear not from a fear of being fat. i don not think karen should leave the forum, i just would like to see members engage with other members not just karen - of course this is personal choice - but why not conduct close frienships in private? why do they have to become part of the forum - that was all i was saying - that when your frienship is discussing such personal matters why cant it be done away from a public forum?

I do not know Karen our paths have never yet crossed but I have been following her thread and really do feel for her and wish her all the best in her recovery.

I have to say I totally agree with what Kate has just said. Being part of the agoraphobic thread and recovering she is right there really isn't alot of difference. I think Karen should be free to carry on with her posts and if she gets support through them then that can only be a good thing.

I wish you well Karen.

Love
    Carol

Quote Originally Posted by lorac View Post
    I
    I have to say I totally agree with what Kate has just said. Being part of the agoraphobic thread and recovering she is right there really isn't alot of difference. I
    I utterly disagree.

Piglet
    Last edited by Piglet; 12-04-08 at 14:56.

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread Information