Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Home

Re: Home

Hi Karen and welcome home

I know everyone only posts out of concern for you but it is easy for us to give advice about what you should and should not be doing without imagining ourselves to be in YOUR position.

We all know how hard it is to put into practice what we KNOW we should be doing and the same, of course, applies to Karen.

I'm sure the majority of us wouldn't be looking at the EDU as a place to help us but rather as a constraining place, which has taken away our freedom, and one from which we would be desperate to be away from.

I'm not saying whether I think Karen has done the right or wrong thing here. Merely trying to see things entirely from Karen's point of view and I know myself 100% I would have wanted to be home asap whether I was better or not.

Karen, I really hope that you can keep up the eating and that your care will continue now you are home.

Love Kate xx

Thanks Kate That means such a lot that you can see it from my point of view. The EDU I was at really is the pits and I wouldn't wish 'treatment' there on anyone.

I have had to fight with everything I've got to be allowed to stay at home because the hospital wanted me to go back and my local CMHT wanted to send me back. It has been a difficult and stressful week.

My CPN is due here in a minute.

Karen xx

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Trouble is though Kate anorexia differs somewhat to the general anxiety issues in that anorexia is potentially life threatening. Before Xmas Karens weight/health had got to a point of almost no return - Karen, I myself believe your life was actually saved by the actions taken, whether you wanted that action or not!!!!!!

Please do make sure to keep Stargazer fully informed because she can't help if you don't keep her in the loop. You have known her since you were children and a fine friend she is - I too now count her as a friend.

Love Piglet

Piglet your such a good friend to Karen , you say what needs saying and that I admire you for . Karen , I think it also needs saying that alot of us here have faith in you and believe you CAN turn this thing around ,
    do you have faith in yourself Karen ?

Hey Karen.

Just wondering how you are getting along?

I think Kate has made a very valid point, which is that it is all easy for us to say. Of course, the EDU sounded like hell and I am sure it was a deeply unpleasant experience for you. I just hope somewhere along the lines, a little bit of that helped you.

I also admire Piglet for being so honest and of course, it is because she cares about you so much. True friends are always honest with what they think.

I hope things are going ok for you and the CPN visit is helpful. Keep fighting hun

xxx

Home Sweetie.

Thinking Of You,

Take it easy hun

Love & Wishes,

Pip's X X X X

Oh Piglet, I'm not putting down anyones opinion here, indeed I have refrained from putting forward my own view on her admission. I only wanted to point out to people how easy it is to offer advice when we are not in that particular position and to try and see how desperately I too would have wanted to get home.

Sorry if I've offended you, it really wasn't my intention

Kate x

Piglet - I do appreciate your point hun. I know my life was in danger before my admission to hospital but I cannot agree that what I've been through in that unit was worth it.

Kate - Thank you for speaking up. That eating disorder unit was hell on earth and apart from feeding me up they have not helped me recover at all. I hated it there and it was hell on earth. My head is really screwed up now.

I cannot really say more in public. That place was worse than being on prison.

Karen xx

home karen.

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information