Thread: Panic Protection

Panic Protection

I was just thinking of something odd recently, there was something or other that was making me feel like I wanted to panic, I think I was feeling poorly and was wondering what would happen, or an upcoming test or anyway I just kept worrying about what would happen if I panicked.

Then I got fed up and tried to dig down deeper, why I felt like I 'should' panic, or I 'had' to panic, or I was 'going to' panic. It was almost like this strange obsessive complusion. I thought waaay back on through what was making me think that way and I think I've found out at least one of the reasons why--

I have this feeling because it's protecting me from panicking! What kind of sense does that make?

I want to panic so I won't be taken off guard or get frightened if I accidentally panic. I think the shock of the first panics I ever had were so great that I've gotten this odd subconcious trigger that thinks its protecting me by panicking before I panic.

Maybe it's some form of subconcious need for control, but I think it's a result of the negative thinking I always do. Ever since I was younger I've always had a penchant for always thinking the worst so I won't be shocked or horrified if the worst actually does happen. Maybe it's a bit of OCD, since I thought this 'thought' the worst didn't happen. I think that's why I have this weird urge to panic sometimes when I logically know I don't need to panic and I'll be fine even if I do! Some kind of weird protection barrier.

The mind is a strange thing, my friends. My mind, at least. XD

Re: Panic Protection

Hello dear phoenix ,

I think you were feeling poorly and perhaps bored so your mind decided to find something to worry about!

I think sometimes we can think Too deeply and Over analyse things we shouldn't be focusing on.

Remember the old rule....don't worry about having panics and they're less likely to happen. When they do, we mustn't worry about them!

I can see you're a deep thinker phoenix like alot of us!

Thread Information