Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: advice needed re flying

Re: advice needed re flying

Hi,
    Just to say i am going on a flight phobia course on the 24th feb....so i will let you know if it was helpful. You might like to try it yourself!

Loopy Loo. x

OOPS sorry , pressed the wrong button, I am flying agian on 30th March, just the thought makes me feel sick, I try to forget all about it until the day I go, I also take blu tac, its surprising how much it helps to twiddle something, an elastic band does the same,
    Im not sure what others think, but I think the short flights are the worst.
    I love whats at the other endxxx

Please bear with me, Ill be back for good soon.

I'm sure you'll be fine! I'm flying to Australia on Wednesday, a little anxious about it but excitement is taking over now

I would like to thank all who have posted here....it is aimed right at me....my wife booked a trip to the Dominican Republic leaving on February 29th with the "I have to have a holiday somewhere hot" line....I have been in a state ever since. I used to fly a lot with the job and had some bad flights plus overall General Anxiety has gotten worse over the years....sooooo...result is now the thought of flying makes me a basket case, Last time I flew in 2004 was for work 3 hours Toronto to Winnipeg and I "came down with an ear infection" so that I could take the train back....as the flight there freaked me out enough...I have been on Prozac now for 4 weeks but I guess it hasn't kicked in for the anxiety yet...I have Clonazapam at night to help me sleep but think I need a stronger dose for the flight....anyone else with some last minute suggestions that I can implement in two weeks?

Thanks

Andy

I just flew to Spain and back (after 10 years of refusing to fly). I took a 10mg Diazipan which seemed to have no effect as I think the adrenalin was just 'eating it up'. I hated it but I did it and I think that's the best it's gonna get for me. I had an Ipod, bottle of water, rescue remedy as well and I watched the crew to make the time past. I think that if the crew look happy and are going about their business then the plane's probably OK.

I only went coz I wanted to take my dad who's been ill to the sun. So, that sort of gave me the strength. Can you find some reason which is bigger than your fear of flying? It might just give you the motivation to get on the plane.

Hope you manage it.

Kay

Thanks Kay,

I'm hoping to put on a brave face for my 3 year old and five year old so that they don't see Daddy is a basket case on the plane. I'll try to concentrate on the fun down there and get a large dose benzadiazapam maybe combine with some Gravol and it might really help.

Andy

Hi Andy,

When do you go? I still have a three weeks however I think that I am thinking about it every time I have a spare minute.

Im going to the doctor on Thursday so Im going to speak to him about the diazepan.

We WILL be fine....................aaagghhh.

Shaz x

Hi,

I also am scared to death of flying yet I continue to do it. This last flight was almost from the east coast to the west coast of the USA. Last summer I also flew to Paris! I finally figured out that I had wasted 20 years by staying at home and not traveling and for me personally I wanted to see the world.

I do take a small amunt of Klonopin during flights and listen to music when I am able to. I read magazines as I can't concentrate long enough to read books. Puzzles are real good to take your mind off of scary things. I also like to wear ear plugs during take off and landings as the noises tend to scare me. If you are claustrophobic, my advice is to save, save, save and fly first class - that way you have more space to move about. If you wait until 24 hrs before your flight you might be able to bump up to first class cheaper. Have a great time!

Laura

Hi - you can take rescue remedy on a plane but make sure you declare it at check in so they can put it in a little bag for you. I didn't do this last time I flew and had it taken off me at the security point.
    I always make sure I have lots of water (bought after I've been through security) and puzzles like suduko to do. Are you travelling with other people? Sittiing by someone you can talk to alot helps too, as you'll be so busy talking you'll forget where you are!
    I get claustrophobic too and find an aisle seat is the best or if they've not already gone, a seat by the emergency exits because you get loads more leg room.

Hi Shaz,

I'm leaving on the 29th (Feb)...still going to see the Doctor....this rescue remedy sounds good as well as maybe some Sudoku....there have been some good suggestions here.

Andy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information