Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: advice needed re flying

Re: advice needed re flying

Hi everyone,

You had all had so many good suggestions, I just hope when the time comes that I will be fine and I will be wonder what all the stressing was about.....oh well maybe LOL.

My doctors appointment is tomorrow, I have to get my bp checked (maybe a bad week as work is stressful) however Im also going to discuss the possibility of taken medication before the flight.

Andy - good luck for the 29th.....you can come back and tell me how it was (are you back by the 10th)?

Shaz x

Hey Shaz,

All the best to you to. All going well we should be back by the 6th.

God Bless

Andy

Hi everyone,

Well thats me been to Paris and we flew out on Monday, yep in the storms and back today in more high winds. It was a private charter and as I had had prevously mentioned to the company about my claustraphoba (as the hotel had 18 floors) they also let me sit in the aisle seat at the front with more room, however I so wanted to go and be fine and although I have managed it, it was still a massive struggle.

I took a diazepam and I think it did calm me down possibly a little however is there ever going to be a time Im going to manage this without feeling so bad....????

I dont even think the wind bothered me it was all about being trapped, I did try and shut my eyes and sleep and every so often my mind would start wondering how I was going to get out but I did stay in control therefore it was positive.

Came back this afternoon and back at work tomorrow however I must say I feel totally exhausted with it all!

Can I also ask if anyone else suffer from like a prickly face, Im presuming its like hyperventilating, although I was hot in the airport then walking up the stairs to the plane in the wind may have annoyed me (change of temperature and sensitive skin)...however I had this most of the trip and I even felt it over my nose etc....does anyone else ever get this?? I got it both ways.

Shaz x

Just thought I'd let you know that Rescue Remedy is now available in tablet form (which you are able to take on the plane!!) Have just seen it in Sainsburys!!!!

Happy to hear your trip went well

I've had a fear of flying for years, especially long haul and have flown lots of times but it is scary for me.I try and stop drinking all tea and coffee a few weeks before a flight and drink water or camomile tea only.I use Rescue remedy and they give you a small plastic wallet to take it through and the bottles or sprays contain less than 100mls so that will be ok.
    Also, I've found that if you listen to a relaxation CD every single day before you fly it helps you to get into a routine of relaxing and getting your breathing under control.I always fly with Virgin and last year before the flight I told them at the check in how anxious I was and the staff were fantastic with me.The Crew on the jet knew too and were really kind and kept an eye on me.They even got the pilot to come and chat to me on the return flight just before we landed!

Hi bubble,

Thanks, thats interesting, I dont know when there will be another flight!!! however I will keep it all in mind.

Shaz x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information