Thread: www.benzo.org.uk

www.benzo.org.uk

Is this website justified in being so full of negativity, when benzo's play an important part in helping a lot of people ?
    Decca

Re: www.benzo.org.uk

Hi Decca

I looked at the site and I cant say that I think its very professional. Their domain name - org.uk -is normally given to charities and I see no registered charity number on the site.

I would have thought a professional organisation would give both sides of the story and not just the negatives....just a thought. I just didnt like the look of the site and it looked more like someone's personal grievance against Benzos than anything else.

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

decca,
    i came across that site a few years ago,and i to thought the same,it was very anti-benzo and even the equivalent doses charge on the diff meds i would question,everyone is different and there bodys will react different,so to compare 10mg of valium as the same as 0.5mg of klonopin ,i beg to differ.

obviously we would say this as benzos have helped us through our anxiety and we will defend them.but i guess you have to see both sides of the risks.

as that horizon programme pointed out the other day,alcohol is by far the most addictive drug in the uk today used by 20million people regular,so poppin a few pills im not gonna lose sleep over the risk of addiction.

I have visited this site a few times.it does make benzos look very bad. This is only my opinion but benzos can be useful in the short term for people with severe anxiety.Especially for agoraphobics when they have to attend things etc until they can put their CBT or whatever in to action

The problem really arises when people just take benzos to chill out instead of proper relaxation techniques.they can be a useful tool in achieveing recovery from anxiety disorders.

So many doctors here in Southern ireland are very reluctant to prescribe them.A few years back they were handed out like smarties here.

bet

Benzos taken in moderation are no prob.
    I've been taking 10mg/day for the last 4 yrs

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thanks everyone ,basically the samethouhts as me when I saw the website.Although I have to say that my panic attacks are a lot worse since I started taking Diazepam,also have stomach upset and feel slightly more light headed, I'm only taking 2mg every other day.
    Decca.
    Last edited by decca; 12-02-08 at 09:12.

The panic is worse?????? Well that shouldnt be happening but I have to say that 2mg everyother day wouldnt even touch the panic. I would imagine that 2 or 3 times a day might.what did your doc advice?

Joy

I'm going through the processes of early retirement and it's causing a bit of anxiety and tension 'til everything is sorted out, some days my muscles and stomach would feel totally tense and knotted so I asked the Doc if I could start taking something to ease the tension ,he gave me Diaz. and said to take them twice a day and 2 at night, but I asked I'm sleeping OK so didn't need to take them at night and asked if it was ok to start on 1 a day and see how it goes,Doc said that I was the best to judge, when I took 1 a day I felt relaxed but more anxious than before I started them so I dropped back to 1 every other day as I've heard that lots of people just take them on bad days.
    Cheers
    Decca.

Thread Information