Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: cautious about starting citalopram

Re: cautious about starting citalopram

Quote Originally Posted by caz303 View Post
    I'm on day 3 of Citalopram after change from Mertazipine as I didn't think it was helping at all. I'm taking diazepam 5mg 3 times a day also and yesterday I had a reasonably anxiety-free day (apart from the mornings which are always bad for me). Today, however, I'm anxious even though taking the diazepam

I was taking Lorazepam whilst getting the other anti d's into my system .. I still have some and am wondering whether to start taking those again instead of the diazepam. Any advice?

Caz
    x
    Just quoting myself here as there's been such a vast improvement that I wanted to share.

I'm now nearly into week 3 of the Citalopram and am feeling almost like my old self Still talking Lorazepam at the moment until I go back to docs next week. I'm just so pleased I insisted on changing the anti-depressant as it's been like being lifted out of a black hole back into life again

Has anybody out there had success with Anti-depressants and morning anxiety. I have tried many types of AD but none of them made a dent in my morning anxiety. I cam off my latest AD's as I didn't see the point in taking something that wasn't working for me. After about 10am I feel pretty good without AD's, so don't see the point in taking them despite my doctor singing their praises. I'm still a bit miserable during the day, but not too bad. I understand the point of AD's and I wished that they did work for me, but I've tried 3 or 4 types and all I got was constipation !!

My Doc. keeps trying to get me to take Citalopram but I don't see the point if I'm not depressed, I just got tension and anxiety although I have just started getting panic attacks about 4 am some mornings.
    At the moment I'm coping fairly well on 2 to 4 mg Diazepam daily.

Decca.

I took citalopram for anxiety and PA - it was the best thing I ever did. It gave my body a break from the anxiety/panic treadmill. The fear of it all subsided and I actually got some of my old self back again!!

I no longer take it but can cope with the anxiety when I do get it now in the most part.

Hello :-)

I'm so glad to find people that are going through what I am! My family are all abroad at the moment and my boyfriend doesn't understand - even though he does try...

I've been suffering with anxiety and depression for years - I had always taken seroxat which helped a lot however I worried that I should not take it because of all the bad press, so when a suddenly felt my symptoms coming back 2 months ago I reluctantly went back on it - but I had terrible side effects and ended up in casualty after collapsing with a heart rate over 100...so I decided to come off it, and now my doctor has prescribed citalopram. I've just taken 5mg as I'm so worried about the side effects that I'm starting really slowly...has anyone taken seroxat and citalopram? how do they compare?? does starting slowly really help or will the side effects happen regardless?? any advice would be really appreciated..I took the day off work today because I was so worried they would have a bad effect..thx xxxx

Hi Guys just wondered how everyone who posted on this thread are doing? I was interested in particular to read Bigbirds posts as he sounds so much like me. Bad bouts of depression which followed the anxiety attacks. How are you Roy?

Bet did you ever start the meds?

Liverbird hows things with you?

Im on day 2 of the citalopram and so far ( fingers firmly crossed) I havent been too bad. Felt spaced out yesterday and tired but managed to get through the day without feeling too anxious and slept quite deeply last night. Although the bed felt as if it was shaking?!

Took my 2nd dose at 9 this morning and have a bit of a creeping scalp feeling, pressure in my sinus and a very heavy head.

Hope everyone is feeling well and sorry to revive an old thread but I found this one so refreshing as I can relate to so many of you. If your posting elsewhere now perhaps you could point me in that direction

Positive vibes to all

Louisa

Quote Originally Posted by cl13 View Post
    Hello all

It is great to here everyone experiences to know that we are not alone and hopefully we can help each other!!

I am now 3 weeks into taking the meds, and I feel much better. I still have a little feeling of anxiety in the morning, but I find if I just get on with the day it will go in about an hour. My drowiness has passed ( I have a 13 week old baby so I am not sure if it was getting up with her aswell that made it worse!!) and I am more "with it", as for the actual anxiety during the day.. it has gone, (fingers crossed)!!

My doctor said to look at the recovery process like the back of a dinosour ( yep strange I know!!) but if you start at the tail, you will have to go up and down to finally get to the top!! Try and take each day at a time, if you do have a bad day, don't beat yourself up over it.. it will pass....

Good luck everyone and keep us updated

love Claire x
    Hello everyone ,great to read all the feed back on CITROL! my Doc has me on them and on day four,to day was my worst day yet, I felt as though the bottom half of my body was all shivery and that I was going to faint ,the anxiety was terrible .My doc told me to take a valium for the first few days.So feel very tired on these.Will i stay going ?

Hi Molly S,

The first weeks will be difficult I'm afraid with side effects like you are already having - these pills are not a quick fix, but there are some very positive stories on here. My own experiences I have posted here having been on them for a month now.

Be sure to check out the citalopram survival guide, that's helped me a great deal. These forums have been amazing support.

I'm currently just starting Week 5 and beginning and I've just had my best day yet. I've decided to stick with them and see where I end up.

My top tip is be careful about changing your dose and make sure you take them the same time in the day! I've screwed myself up with that last weekend and the effects were not good.

T

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information