Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: cautious about starting citalopram

Re: cautious about starting citalopram

Day-6

Good Morning all,

So, into another day. After waking with the nauseous feeling yesterday and the obigatory headache, I managed to force myself into the day and it proved to be the correct decision. I really do believe one of the main ways forward for us is to seize the moment(sort of Carpe Diem)and try to assume a positive mindset as this can spiral upwards as fast as negativey can spiral down.
    Anyway, I felt better for it although I am sure the benefits of the Citalopram have certainly not managed to kick in yet.
    I take my 20mg does between 4-5pm and have reasoned the optimum effect has kicked in some four hours later so; with what had occurred on the previous nights I expected the pounding head and uneasy feeling that went with it.....................Glad to report, no headache at all and the uneasy feeling had diminished also. I slept pretty well despite waking for an hour in the middle of the night.
    Have awoken today with what I can only describe as a 'flu-like' feeling. A little weak and dizzy but am hopeful I am now into another transition.
    Is this how the chain of events has unfolded for anyone?

Here's wishing evryone a great day and much love..............back tomorrow.

(roy)

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

Day-7

Nearly completed the first seven days now and last night was a 'toughy'.
    Have very intense anxiety feeling throughout (hope this will leave me soon?)
    and at times throughout yesterday evening I was almost climbing the walls.
    That said, I slept well, had a sort of head shock in the middle of the night but that did not bother me really and am again on edge this morning.
    It feels as if the tablets are deeper into me now but I suppose they should be after six days and I am in a transient stage.
    For one who enjoys his food I have also lost my appetite and together with the anxiety I have this constant tightness in the gut. Still have some nausea but coping with it all in hope of better things to come...............
    It is hard but I hope it's worth it!

Love to all,

(roy)

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

Hey there big bird

I know how you feel. I have experienced the sudden awakening in the middle of the night. Also loss of appetite well not completely. my meals are smaller. I am on day 9. I have had a few days of feeling nausious. I have been keeping positive and it helps.

Have a great day too

I'll be back xx

Day-8

Thank you Kitty, nice to hear from someone on a similar trail. I enjoyed a fairly peaceful day and found that many of the side effects I have been experiencing have subsided a little giving me a very comfortable night.
    Have awoken this morning with no headache, little or no nausea and feeling (dare I say it)OK! Nothing miraculous has occurred and if I'm truthful, it is much like I felt before taking them but maybe it is a leveling out or something.
    In fact I feel a little nervous about not feeling nervous if anyone can relate to this

The only problem I foresee is that I have awoken like this at times only for the morning to disintegrate and leaving me very tearful and emotional - This is what I would like to conquer.

Do hope evryone has a lovely day,

Much love to all

(roy)

Hi Roy,

Sounds like you're getting there.I too lost my appetite for a while but it returned eventually.I lost nearly a stone in weight but since my appetite returned I've stopped losing.
    "I feel a little nervous about not feeling nervous". I can totally relate to this.Its as though the anxiety is there under the surface waiting to pounce.The good news is that it stays where it is and after a while that feeling disappears.I really feel as though a miracle has happened to me.I hope you begin to feel that way too.Just give it more time.8 days is just the beginning.It gets better and better.
    julie x

Hi Julie,

Many thanks - it's very reassuring. I look forward to the improvement.

take care

x

(roy)

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    Hi Roy,

Sounds like you're getting there.I too lost my appetite for a while but it returned eventually.I lost nearly a stone in weight but since my appetite returned I've stopped losing.
    "I feel a little nervous about not feeling nervous". I can totally relate to this.Its as though the anxiety is there under the surface waiting to pounce.The good news is that it stays where it is and after a while that feeling disappears.I really feel as though a miracle has happened to me.I hope you begin to feel that way too.Just give it more time.8 days is just the beginning.It gets better and better.
    julie x

Day-9

Something of a backward step today although I expect this for a few days. Had a good afternoon yesterday and actually felt like my old self for a few hours! How good a feeling is that???
    After taking my 20mg dose though I developed some anxiety and nausea again which is pretty much as I am today. Oh well never mind...another day - another dollar!!
    lets see what tomorrow brings, I am hopeful things are turning for the better.

Love to all

(roy)

Hi there Big Bird
    Its interesting to read your posts and how you are getting on, like you have just started taking 20mg dose of citalopram this is only my 3rd day now so getting a bit nervy about side effects and same time praying for a miracle. That they will help in time
    I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us Big Bird x
    Love from Richie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Days -10, 11.

Good Morning/evening/afternoon, to everyone

Day 10, A reversal of the previous day in many respects. I actually showed signs of my old self on Friday but for most of Saturday I was in a strangely subdued world. Not anything really bad or disconcerting, just that the wondrous feeling of being somewhat 'released' for a few hours the previous day had probably become the marker or level. I didn't panic however and think; ' Oh this is a temporary joy and all I'll get' , I stuck the day out again and despite the nauseous feeling I took my med. at the same time and saw the rest of the day out in search of another tomorrow!

Through the night I slept really well ( I am sleeping much better now) and woke feeling edgy but generally OK on,

and so it went on. I improved as the day went forward and felt the black cloud actually lifting by mid day. It was a pivotal moment I feel and confirmed the fact that these tablets do work. The day was definately the best yet and it gives me so much hope. I will not be running before I walk mind as I understand there will be 'down' days as progress is made. These are still early days but the signs are there so all of you who are in the initial throws of taking these tablets can take heart.

Day - 11.

have awoken today feeling a little nervous but not at odds with my world and am confident of a longish drive today - enough to say that over the next few days my own confidence will hopefully begin the reach new levels.

I'll keep all informed anyway...............have a fantastic day,

Love to all
    (roy)

Hi Roy,

Im so pleased for you.Once again I can relate to what you are going through.I used to get glimpses of my old self and feel great for a while and then feel anxious,but now I feel my old self 95% of the time.It sounds like you will be the same too.Fabulous!
    julie x

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information