Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not too good today.

Hi Stuart, Hope you enjoyed your weekend away for your birthday and it cheered you up - What a nice thought by your wife, you are very lucky. It is my birthday today and my boyfriend never buys me anything let alone takes me away, I am lucky to have got a card from him!! In answer to your question "What medication are you on?" I am currently taking Effexor 75mg and have found it really helpful but think I may need a higher dose as it doesn't seem to be having much effect lately as alot of my symptoms have returned so am going to ask the doctor for advice.
    Hope you are feeling better
    Take care
    Love Lisa

Hi everyone,

I've been away with work in Glasgow since my birthday and have just got back. Things are not good.

davidr - I have to say things did not improve. I kept all my thoughts to myself so not to upset my wife who is trying to help me. My legs have been aching so much that I can not escape the thoughts of MS. At the moment I feel scared and hope that anxiety is causing my symptoms. I try to believe the doctors but I have read stories of mis-diagnosis etc that I feel they are making a mistake. It feels ironic that health anxiety symptoms just cause more anxiety.

Stuart

hi welcome back sorry things dont feel too good

im sure there has been no mis diagnosis but if you cant settle with that go back and ask them to check again, but im sure it really is anxiety which just exaggerates all the symptoms and makes us feel worse

fan x

hi Stuart,

Anxiety has a tendency of exaggerating the worries we have. I often think that I have a serious illness but have been fine upto now. I'm sure that you have nothing to worry about. All you can do is try your best to ignore the irrational thoughts..

Sarah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information