Thread: Help.....Claire Weekes

Talking Help.....Claire Weekes

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has read "essential help for your nerves" By Claire Weekes? If you did has it helped at all? I just purchased it from amazon and just looking to see if it has helped anyone. I have suffered panic disorder for 6 years now and agoraphobia on and off for 4 years.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Lisa XxX

Re: Help.....Claire Weekes

Hi Lisa

I have read this book over and over and always keep it close at hand. This book has really helped me on the road to recovery. Don't expect miracles on first reading it but try and put trust into what she is telling you and keep working at it and eventually you get results.

I can honestly say that since finding this book and the tapes by Dr. Claire Weekes my life has improved alot.

Good luck with it Lisa, I hope it helps you as much as it has me.

Carol
    xx

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the reply. Will have a look for the Cd's too.

XxX

Hi Lisa,

I too have read this book and would describe it as my bible hun xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

I Too Have Read This Book At First I Didnt Think It Helped But I Read Over And Over Again And It Does Make Sense Its A Brill Book
    Take Hun X

Hi

Just an update on what is happening with the claire weekes book. I am finding extremely helpful even though I haven't read it from cover to cover I find I am able to concentrate more if I pick sections from it (if that makes sense) rather than being faced with a whole book to read ha ha.

I find that when I am feeling anxious and/or panicky I can recall excerpts from the book which is making me less afraid of the panic. She talks a lot about over sensitization which is helping me understand why minor things seem to catastrophic to me which is reassuring so I would definitely say that it was well worth buying obviously it won't cure my anxiety or agoraphobia but it is making me less afraid of it.

Oh one thing though should I have bought self-help for your nerves also? Does this give you practical ways of helping your anxiety?

Thanks

Lisa XX

yeah ive read this and its helped me understand my illness more
    also there is a free audio download at
    www.controllinganxiety.com

i think self help is more about having a nervouos breakdown-ive got both books but can remember wheich one is which lol! the lilac one is the better one for overall anxiety

lou xxxx

Hi,

Don't worry too much about getting self help for your nerves, I have both books and in my opinion I think you have the better one!

Essential help for your nerves did help me so much, I wish that I had this book years ago when this illness started so I could understand what was happening to me, instead I had years of fear about my symptoms.....which led to my agoraphobia etc.

I think Claire Weekes method is the cure to this illness and once you can get a grip with acceptance you are on your way to recovery......I am still working on it, I just need the courage to face and accept....

Good Luck!!

I do also think that this book should be given free to patients who go to their doctors for the first time about panic/anxiety......it would help so many and prevent so much suffering.

x

Thread Information