Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone found Seroxat helpful?

Anyone found Seroxat helpful?

I know Seroxat has lots of problems and bad press but I'm so desperate (currently taking Lustral to no effect) I'd take anything with a reasonable likelihood of easing the anxiety I'm experiencing. Can anyone let me know please if Seroxat has proved really helpful? I am considering begging my shrink to let me switch to something other than Lustral and don't have many options left. Thanks everyone. Janey

Re: Anyone found Seroxat helpful?

seroxat was a miracle for me for 8 years til i stupidly came off it then it transpires it doesnt work the second time and nor it seems does anything else hence the problems I've having

Joy

Talking Re: Anyone found Seroxat helpful?

Hi I've been on Seroxat for over 2 yrs.I'm on a high dose 50mg.I have even begged my doc to keep me on it.I have a bad tremour from head to toe.The doc's not sure if its the seroxat.But I'm perpaired to put up with it,if it means I feel better.As nothing else has worked long term.

Hi Janey
    I am on seroxat 20mgs and it does help me. Its not a miracle cure, you also have to do a lot of work yourself like trying to think positively even though it can be hard at times and also using relaxation techniques. I don't want to come off it though as it does help.
    love Mags xxxx

Leave it alone!!!!

It works but when I came off it I was sectioned!!!!

It is poison

Dont go there

Ask GP for cbt or something

Just my view

Kaz x xx

Seroxat worked for me for about 3 years then it was not so effective so i tapered over 3 months then stopped.That was 3 years ago next month the withdrawl was so bad I am stil having problems. My original panic attacks which i suffered from for many years before Seroxat were manageable compared to the hell I have been through since stopping this drug. I would agree with the previous post and not touch it .

might be wise to have a look at the seroxatmad site(google it) and see the trouble people have, you could post your question there

Joy

Hi Janey,

I was on Seroxat for a few years but did not find it worthwhile.I was switched to Effexor which I would rate as slightly better.
    CBT etc,sounds like a more productive route to pursue.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Hi there
    was on seroxat to help with depression, after some bereavements it gave me back my life and i thamk god i had some real good years combined with CBT, it worked for an extremely long time but then after a trauma and a panic attack it just refused to work for me any longer, don't know why?? still don't know why !! But coming off it was like hell!! but done gradually over some time it shouldn't pose any problems hopefully just mild symptoms.
    Personally i would try it if your present anti-depressent isn't having an effect
    but it will take about prob 3 weeks to kick in, wouldn't just rely on it totally though, combine it with some therapy if you can xxxxxxxxxx
    Good luck, take care Richie xxxxx

i was on it for 2 yrs it felt like i was in a fog but i didnt realise that until i came off it. the withdrawls are terrible and yes sometimes the panic you suffer is nothing to the panic when you come off it.. i would be very careful it does help at the time but is it worth taking the risk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information