Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone found Seroxat helpful?

Re: Anyone found Seroxat helpful?

Hi
    I've been on seroxat 10 mg for the last few months and so far it hasn't done a whole lot for me (perhaps because the dosage is so low) i'm still relying on benzos for now. But according to my doctor it can take months to work. i've had a few unpleasant side effects when combining it with other meds, but nothing unbearable. Nausea from taking it without food is about the worst. I was also a little surprised that my doctor put me on it seeing as i'm in that high risk category of ''young adult''...
    Anyway its different for everyone, hope it works for you!

xxxxxx elle

oh my god!

if i could EVER pursuade anyone to do anything, it would be to go no way near this drug! dubbed the silent killer - it increases suicidal risks etc. The drug company who produce it are being prosecuted by family members who have lost a relative through this drug.

personal experiance

been on it for 10 years - it's turned me into god knows who, threatened with sectioning, completely ballsed my life up. And i don't care now if i die tomorrow!

choice is always yours but i think with research on the net, you will realise how bad this thing is!

Dee
    xxx

Dee, thankyou so much for yr reply. I think I've been clutching at straws and luckily, no one so far has actually suggested I trySeroxat (tho there is a suggestion i go on anti-psychotic injections!!! but that's another story..) So I don't think Seroxat is an option and I'm beginning to realise that most of the work has to be done by me and not some drug. Thanks again. i wish you and your family all the best - you might try looking at the TRAP website, where I am sure there must be lots about Seroxat withdrawal altho it's primarily a Tranquilliser support site. Janey

hi all my doc has just put me on these tablets ive taken 7 in a week and feel so much better, but since reading this post im really scared, will i ever be able to come off them what happens if i stop taking them what are the withdrawal effects, please advise cos im really worried now

Emma xx

Emma, have you tried anything else yet? ie anti-depressants? Most Drs don't like prescribing Seroxat unless there is no alternative. If you are finding it helpful, then try not to worry about it all the time. Check with yr Dr why he chose this particular drug, then make the most of the improvement. When the time comes to withdraw, do it very, very slowly. A friend of mine uses a stanly knife to cut the tabs down by tiny increments. Wishing you happier times. janey

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information