Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A Good Diet

Thank you Bry for your comments - hope you are well too.

Thank you Radar for the above, I have been looking for this information for a while now it is really helpful, Im gonna print it if I can in a minute - its a good start anyway, and helps me understand what simple and Complex carbs are.

Ive just been on google searching for some info too! I did a search on google for "Anti Anxiety Diet" and it gave me 2 pretty good web pages with info on complex/simple carbs. (www.ivillage.co.uk - but i could only get to the actual page I wanted with the correct info on through the google search)

The reason I am so keen for this info is beacause I feel really shaky and week when im hungry, and I dont think the feelings help with my anxiety, and sometimes when I feel anxious I feel a need to eat! is this weird?

Cheers Michelle

PS. The first ever panic attack I had - was just after I had ate a cadbury's cream egg. Since then I have reduced chocolate virtually to none, dont drink coke, or Tea and only have a couple of cups of Decaffinated coffee a day.

michelle,

ime a paramedic,based in central london...i cant look at my watch and say its break time...when ime hungry,i have those feelings in my tummy as well...its normal,the answer is too eat little,and often.

once a week i go to sainsburys,and buy a kilo pack of walnuts and raisins..every morning i pour some into a tupperware box,and keep in my ambulance...ime a constant nibbler lol....bryan.

hi everyone,

Cheers for all the good information on how to eat well to help prevent panic attacks. Will try to make Bryans recipe over the weekend and will pass on my verdict, although it has to be said I've been known to be a disaster in the kitchen. How hard it can it be? Anyway,My weakness is chocolate and have often tried to give it up but just fail miserably! Does anyone know of any subsitute which tastes just the same but has no sugar???

see ya

sadie

hi sadie,

were going to have to stop meeting like this lol.

i always read wot radar(meg),has to say,and then i read it over again..she gives such great advice to everybody.

when were unwell,be it the flu,or anxiety related illnesses,and we know that eating or drinking something will make us feel worse,then we avoid those products,like the plague....now, when it comes to anxiety/panic,its well documented on here that chocolate can increase the likelyhood of further attacks,we tend to ignore the advice.....everybody loves chocolate...i was sent some by a friend in america..had a couple,and thought...god theyre a bit sweet,not only was the sugar content higher than our chocs,but they had 7 E additives as well...so,i binned them...no wonder so many americans see a therapist as a normal part of their week.

so,my friend,please try to find an alternative to chocs,i eat nuts non stop,but as nicola says,ime a nut myself lol,ime afraid the same goes for coffee,i have one coffee a day ,compared to an average of twelve a day...ive found a great mineral water,called willow,its received great publicity over the past year,and i drink it 24/7 now...even stopped having my wee dram of whisky at nite...although if i get a bad cold ,i will have a drop of whisky,as ive found over the years,that it does kill a few of the germs...well,thats my excuse.

best wishes...bryan.

Hi Sadie

There are a lot of diabetic chocolates out there that dont contain sugar - Thorntons do a good range. They contain sugar substitutes that dont affect your blood sugar.

Also dark plain chocolate has a lower sugar content than milk chocolate - check the labelling( but don't give it to dogs - Toxic for them) also health food shops carry carob which is a substitute and has a lower sugar content

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

forgot to mention though go easy on the diabetic chocolate, sugar substitutes can give explosive results if you know what I mean![:0][:0]

thats why i didnt mention them lol...bryan.

Can anybody tell me where I can find alist of complex slow release carbohydrates or whatever they are called? I know brown rice is better than white rice etc, but brown rice has never been a meal!!!!

I do the five fruit/veg thing, and chicken/fish, but I struggle for good snack/quick meal ideas, particularly at the weekend, when I'm flitting here and there. So I end up with crisps and chocolate for a quick energy boost, then end up feeling anxious after (yes I know I'm stupid for keep doing it but I LOVE chocolate, and crisps, and it's easy to eat when your driving!!!)

Can anybody recommend a good cook book?

Charlie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information