Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Good Diet

Hi Lottie,

Snacks for me have become a lot of fruit, seed, nut, grain mixes. I make up about 3 months worth at once in a huge plastic storage box and decant into ziplock bags. I recently caught my partner who swore he wouldn't ever eat 'that stuff' raiding the cupboard for a bag to take to work.

I fill it full of a huge variety of stuff that I get from various places and then devote a couple of hours to making it.

I went on an 8 mile hike yesterday and when people were flagging it did wonders as it's bursting with short and long term energy.

I could send you some and see how you get on with it.....!

As for meals - one of the quickest is baked/microwaved fish. Only needs minutes.

I'll have a think about recipes and cookbooks.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Bit like your partner, not sure it's for me, but willing to try anything (like sultanas a lot though).

Maybe you could send a recipe/sample, whatever is the easiest.

It's a list of "good carbohydrates" I am interested in as well.

I have noticed that I always feel better the next day after having had brown rice for tea.

Have started making it more "interesting" by disgusing it with those Knorr rice cubes, peas, mushrooms and sultanas!

However, other than brown rice, with fruit and veg, am running out of ideas.

And it gets all over the seat when you try and eat it in the car!!!!!!!!

Charlie

I'll happily send you some if you like....send me your address by email.

There are all sorts of books I gather from making a couple of phonecalls.
    Good carbs- bad carbs, eating low on the glycaemic index being two. I've not used them.

I expect there'll be many on Amazon if you plug in carbohydrate receipes but of course with the Atkins being all the rage, you'll have to plow your way through all the low carbs books too ..If you find one that's good I'm sure Nic would like to know to add it to her book bit.

I totally agree about the car but hey .... so does cake !!

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Charlie,
    I find dry cereal to be a good snacking food, not the high sugar ones ie coco pops, sugar puffs but the wholegrain variety or sultana bran (which incidentally is my fav). Not so messy either in the car!

Kate x

hi charlie,

i nibble on wanuts,and raisins...but ive usually got a healthy biscuit bar on me as well...ime popping to the shop soon,will gat some,and post there name,and contents...best wishes..bryan.(god my spelling)

Meg

Just one question on your "mix" of nuts, seeds etc. Have you ever worked out the calories for each bag as I am dieting and need to be careful on how many calories I eat a day and I know that nuts are high in fat too.

Nicola

Hi Twister,

Took your advice today and went to Thorntons to buy some chocolate but the shop assistant said because I am not diabetic they dont recommend you eat the chocolate because of some of the ingredients!

sadie

Yes Nicola, I'm sure they are fairly heavy and no I haven't done the sums.

I haven't noticed any weight going on but Kate's sultana bran and that sort of stuff will definately be lower in calories...But this works for me. I don't eat kilos of the stuff each day . Probably about 2 handfuls at most.

Meg

Ok thanks Meg :-)

I will try to get some and weigh them out and have it as my 150 calorie treat (you remember the RC diet don't u)?

Nicola

the shop has run out of my biscuit bars,so i cant tell you the content...but theyre called ..nutri-grain..,and i eat about two a day,with my walnuts lol.

best wishes..bryan.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information