Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A Good Diet

Nicola - even though nuts are very high in fat it has been proved in various studies that in average amounts you wont put on weight by eating them because it is all 'good fat'.

Sadie - that is strange! Dangerous chocolate! I ate it all the time when I was on the Atkins diet and survived, its only contains a sugar subsitute which is non-digestible,I bet thorntons would like to know their sales people are turning customers away!

Emily - I hear that walnuts are very good for cholesterol levels and guess what - we have a walnut tree so I have carrier bags full of them. Just daren't eat them cos once I start I won't stop - lol

Nicola

Nic - although these are good for you in general, it's mainly aimed at people who have hypoglycaemic tendancies, so if you're not affected then there is no need for you to change anything from RC.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

oooooooow,emily,

i really hope you were on adkins short term!!

bryan.

nic,

ime coming to potton,fill my boot up with walnuts lol,

plus i fancy sunday lunch at that great pub!

best wishes. bryan.

Have discovered a really easy way to make a good meal (although after Brians one pot recipe, it's still only two easy dinners!!)This is really good when I;m running low on time, and includes shower time!!!

Chop up some mushrooms, carrots, brocolli, get some peas, sultanas, almonds, anything you like in rice really and leave to one side.

Put some brown rice in a big (microwaveable) bowl. Use a cup to measure it. Add double the amount of boiling water. Cover and cook on full power for about 15 minutes. (You may need to experiment, I haven't got a clue what wattage our micro is!!) If you find rice bland, you can add a Knorr rice cube or similar.

Take your shower

Return to the kitchen. Add the prepared veg to the rice and stir. You may need to add some more water. Cover and cook for a further 10 to 15 minutes.

Whilst this is cooking, you can grill some bacon, or poach some fish to go with it.

If I fancy chicken with it, I cube a chicken breast, put it in a relatively deep roasting tin, add some water, cover with tin foil, and cook in the oven on about 200. PUT THE CHICKEN IN AT THE SAME TIME YOU START THE RICE.

By the time you've got out of the shower, the chicken should be cooked through (and it's nice and juicy too!)

You can make your chicken more interesting by browning off in the fyring pan with some herbs or spices, or waiting till the rice is cooked, and frying the whole lot up paella style, or simmer in some curry sauce.

I usually end up making too much, so quite often have saved time by creating another nights meal. Be very careful when re-heating rice though, make sure it thoroughly warmed through. (Another tip is to put the rice to be heating into your microwave bowl, add boiling water, and microwave for about 5 minutes. It stops it drying out too much.

Charlie

Oh No!!

All the 'bad' foods i eat!!

Not to worry i will just 'add' some healthy ones to my bad ones!!

I must admit i'm a meat and 2 veg sort of girl (with cake for afters!!!)

Talking of food I had crunchy nut cornflakes on saturday and coconut on sunday!! getting there

(i don't know if you can be allergic to coconut but I thought you can as i have classed it in the 'bad' category) so it was difficult eating it but i did and i'm fine (ps don't want ot know if u can be allergic!!)

Anyway baby steps getting there!!

Love
    Lucky

thats great news lucky...i said your going to be a star...and here you are.

charlie,the next time you make too much,you can send me a doggy bag lol.

great recipe...best wishes...bryan.

Lucky ,
    That's fabulous news.
    Drop it in as an aside- why don't you !!!!
    Doesn't even sound like you were shaking too much doing it .

Keep it going

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

quote:Originally posted by benoo5

nic,

ime coming to potton,fill my boot up with walnuts lol,

plus i fancy sunday lunch at that great pub!

best wishes. bryan.
    Bryan

You are more than welcome to come anytime mate

I will save you a nice big bag of walnuts and take you to the pub - lol

Nicola

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information