Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: I did it!

Re: I did it!

Hi Shirley,

Yes, I'm having a much better day today, thanks! No anxiety and work went well.

It's my daughters 16th Birthday today which is why we went out on Sunday. She has stage school tonight plus hubby and son are at work so tonight was out of the question.

Look forward to hearing how it went at the hospital!

Kate xxx

Hi Kate, Well I went out for a drive this morning. Went to Morrisons on Preston Dock for a cuppa (nearly 20 miles) and then carried on to Dobbies Garden Centre on the road to Blackpool. Felt a bit strange on the way to Preston Dock but not enough to stop me driving. Then I had about an hour in Dobbies before heading back through Preston! I stopped off at a village between Preston and Southport to get something to eat and also to visit the craft shop though I didnt buy anything. Then I went to Somerfield and down the coast road to see if the sea was up - it was - a miracle for Southport!! Then I came home, having covered just over 48 miles! Its the furthest I have driven on my own since about 2 years ago! When I did the 70 miles the other week I had hubby with me. Did I feel 100% whilst driving you may be wondering. No. I didnt but I think I will try again on Friday or next week. At least I am pushing myself, even though I dont feel completely right. These things can still be done.

I hope you are having a good day.

Love Shirley

Hi kate, I have just posted my message and seen your message! I am glad you are having a good day with no anxiety and that work has gone well for you. I hope your daughter is enjoying her birthday too.

I will keep you posted re the hospital appointment tomorrow ok.

Love Shirl

Shirley! Well done to you

Kate xx

Hey well done Kate.

Did you ask for a child fare out of habit?

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/
    http://cornerhousewoking.org.uk/

http://www.pbase.com/clickaway

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Yes of course I did Ray, it's this face cream, takes years off me

Kate

Hi kate, Hope you are having a good day today and feeling ok too. I feel a bit better this morning and the sun makes such a difference. I wont be going so far today, just into town to look for wrapping paper and a card to go with an anniversary gift I bought yesterday. Then of course I am at the hospital shop at 2pm. So thats about it for today really. The hospital is only a mile away and the town is only 2 miles away, so on the doorstep really.

Speak soon
    Shirley.
    PS. Did you feel the earthquake last night?!! We did.

Hi Shirley,

Hope it went well at the hospital shop!

Yes, I had a good day today thanks. No panic though I feel a bit weepy, maybe a bit of early PMT LOL.

No, I never heard a thing last night, had a really good sleep! Hubby was at work, on nights, and he said the whole place vibrated! The kids never felt anything either

Hope you are having a good day

Kate xx

Hi kate, Hope you are ok today and have been these last couple of days. Things went well at the hospital shop apart from the fact that I was taken to the hospital canteen for the interview and it was like walking into the jungle - very hot and steamy and how I sat there for 30 minutes I dont know, but I did. It went well although there are no definite vacancies at the moment and they are just going to call me in, as and when, to get used to the till and all the various jobs etc. Then there may be a job going with a definite time. I said that that was ok for now.

Glad to hear you had a good day on Wednesday with no panic. Thats great stuff isnt it. I feel weepy often these days too. My Psychologist said it was normal, now that the anxiety is a bit less and there is more room in my mind to think about where my life is going and what I have missed out on during the last couple of years.

Yesterday I did my voluntary job at Martin Mere 10 miles away. I didnt feel as bright, though I ended up walking to the far end of the grounds, well out of my comfort zone!! But I did it. I was feeling unreal but I managed all the same. When we (me and Howerd) got back to the info desk I was a bit dithery but managed to drive home fine so not a problem.

Today I was in town and felt unreal again so I was, in a manner of speaking, holding my own hand!! You know, telling myself that I was fine and that nothing bad was going to happen and that I was alright etc. After a while the unreality got less and then I had an hot chocolate in Asda. Still felt unreal but I sat there with my newspaper and nobody was any the wiser - plus I was fine.

By the way, I have had to cope with this unreality before in years gone by and for anyone else who is troubled with it, it has ALWAYS stopped bothering me after a while. So it will do this time too. And it will for you if you are bothered with it. I am going to a party tonight. Once my focus is off the unreality it will stop troubling me.

We felt the earthquake here by the way. I am just glad it was no worse.

Hope you are having a good day kate and that you have a good weekend.

Shirley

Hi Shirley,

Glad the interview went well and that you did your voluntary work

Oooh the unreality grrrr. Was my very first symptom all those years ago. I don't get it very often anymore but, if I do, I now longer worry about it.

I had planned to go into town after work yesterday. I somehow got volunteered to get a gift voucher for someone that was leaving

Anyway, I mentioned to another girl I work with that I was going into town and she said she was going as well so I said I would give her a lift. Then, I had another spur of the moment thingie I said to her shall we have lunch there as well and she said yes, that would be nice.

So, we did our bits of shopping and went to BHS resaurant. Hadn't been there since the children were little and it was really nice. Had a panini, some chips () and a cappucino. It wasn't very crowded and we sat for over an hour eating and having a nice chat. Panic level nil

Tonight, daughter is going to Pizza Hut and I've got to pick her up afterwards, in the DARK arghhhhhh. Is about a 15 minutes or so drive and she wont be finished til around 8pm. THEN, son is going to the pub in town, about a 10 minute drive, at about 9pm and he's asked me to take him cos he will be having a drink! Arghhhhhh more driving in the flipping dark, I like to chill on a Friday night, no chance of that.

He wont be coming home til about midnight but I'm hoping he will be getting a taxi cos NO WAY would I go into town at that time of night, dark AND drunken people swaying around!

Anyway, I will post here again later, if I survive

Kate xx

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information