Thread: Tension Headaches

Tension Headaches

Hi everyone,
    This months favourite is a 3 week headache which comes and goes. It affects the back of my head, the sides of my head,top of my head and eyes and foreheaed.It sometimes hurts in all areas mentioned but also it affects one or two at random,like it moves around. It usually gets worse through the day and eases off at bed time. Neck and shoulder a bit sore and stiff aswell.
    Ive had it before over the years and it always goes,been to the docs who said tension but as usual the " I might be right this time thought " wins most of the time.
    Anyone got similar issues,Thanks.

Tony.

Re: Tension Headaches

Hi Amm,

It sounds like a perfectly normal stress/tension headache to me. I would suggest you get to your local chiropractor (one with a referral if possible) and explain your symptoms.
    They will sit you down and take a detailed synopsis of how you feel, both mentally and physically, then have a feel of your back and neck. Depending on their speciality, they may adjust you (some noisy but painless bone wrenching :-) ) or use more gentle techniques to release any pinched nerves, which is probably causing your headaches.

I have been seeing a chiropractor for years and find it very beneficial.

The other thing I will ask is, do you wear glasses? Could it be time for a check up? That is another possibility for reducing your headaches.

There is nothing worse than a bad headache that lasts for days so I hope this is of some help.
    Get better soon.

BFG xx

hi there me too had this same problem i was convinced i had a tumour i went to see my gp and he told me i was that tense thats what was causing my headaches he said i had inflamation in my mucles at back off neck and was prescribed some cream mine to went in all diff parts of my head hope this helps x

it absolutely sounds like a tension headaches. listen, i know a man who had a brain tumor and his headaches were so bad he couldn't function. he would literally be screaming in pain. what you are describing sounds nothing like that. try exercising. when i have a tension headache, nothing helps more than a walk in the fresh air. or get a massage or take a long, hot bath. any of this will help with muscle tension and headaches.

Ohhh I get these too and i know they are bad.

Exercise helps get rid of these or good old fashion sleep seems to help me..

Hope you feel better soon!

Hi Tony,

Sounds like tension headaches to me too. I had the same issue with the pain jumping around and sometimes my whole head hurting. Sometimes it would be eyes, sometimes left front side, etc, etc. Had my last one for a week and a half. What helps me is consciously relaxing my face muscles, because I tend to furrow my brow a lot.Hope you feel better!

Thread Information