Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annoyed with myself

Annoyed with myself

I'm so annoyed with myself today. For the last week really i can honestly say i've been ok, couple of blips here and there but nothing i couldn't seem to handle. Today though i feel as though i've let myself down by freaking out over something i tell people on here not to worry about.
    Got up after a nice lie in and just pottered around the house and then decided to move the pool in the garden. It was a bit heavy but as i moved it i could feel my heart pounding and then i had an ectopic beat but it was strong enough to make me catch my breath. Now i've suffered for years with these and came to realise that they weren't harming me and just something that happened. But today i got scared and i don't know why. Kept thinking that i had heart disease or something. Now i've got myself in a bit of a state :( Keep questioning that fact that it happened because i put strain on my heart and if my heart was protesting there has to be something wrong with it. Does anyone else on here that suffer with these beats found that sometimes they happen after doing exercise or as in my case lifted something heavy? Sorry for going on just needed a bit of reassurance i guess.
    Tracy
    xx

hi , sorry to hear today has not been too good, but im sure you know deep down that its nothing to worry about, i usually find that even if i just get a bit out of puff then my heart races and i feel ill it just a blip and you will be fine im sure dont worry too much bout it

fan x

Hi Tracy

I am sure everything is fine. I know you worry about your heart but you had started to believe it was okay, and it will be. Using energy will cause your heart beat to raise and i can imanage the pool will have been very heavy and that will have caused your heart rate to speed up and this in turn has led to you feeling anxious about it.

Try to take your mind of it and do something maybe a little less energetic and try to relax.

Take care.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Hi Tracy,

I totally understand how you feel, I seem to accept my ectopic beats as nothing to worry about then i will do something to exert myself and this will bring them on, something like carry heavy shopping bags even mashing potatoes which i know may sound really odd. I have had a real run of them lately, i especially had them bad this morning just getting out of bed brought them on and I feel the cycle of worrying about them is starting all over again, it is a viscious circle isn't it. If ever you want a maon about them or anything else for that matter, feel free to email or Pm me.
    Take care and try and enjoy the rest of your day.
    Love Lisaxx

Hi Tracey
    Firstly, don't be annoyed with yourself, it's just a minor hiccup, you have been doing so well lately. I too, give out advice and a lot of the time don't use any of it to my own advantage - i think, maybe, moving the pool was a little too strenuous, it wouldn't have put a strain on your heart as such, but it would be the same as if you have been exercising or walking fast, that kind of thing, and then the old mind goes back to where we started and the viscious circle begins again, anyway how big was this pool anyway? take care.

Thanks for the replies. Still not feeling too great, but went and had a bath then the kids came home from their dads so was a bit occupied. Hopefully tomorrow will be different.

Lisa - I also get these ectopic beats when i'm carrying heavy shopping as well and when i'm doing silly things like folding washing [?].

Carlin - The pool isn't huge, its a 12ft inflatable (alot easier to move when blown up mind you), just that i had to empty rain water out of it and then drag it on the patio. I know i should of done it ages ago but i'm a lazy moo lol.

Take care
    Tracy
    x

When we do anything strenous and get the blood pumpoing round we hear/ feel our heart beat much more clearly so even if you were having them before this brought it to your attention.

Also when our hearts speed up - in order to ' change up a gear' it often has a few ectopics .

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi Tracy

Hope you have been feeling better this evening.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Tracy

Hope you are feeling better today, I,m sure it was just a blip.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi Tracy,
    You know for a fact that there are at least three of us on here that get exactly the same symptons and you and Lisa have been really good at trying to get me to accept that the ectopics are harmless. Unfortunately I only managed it for about a week and ever since I have been back to square one. I find myself stopping in my tracks to feel my pulse if I thought I had one and feel like they are my main focus of thoughts again. On Saturday my little boy caught his head on the door handle and it bled. If it had been his knee I would have been fine, but I can't cope with them banging their heads - he is fine except for having a stomach bug - so that didn't help how I was feeling.
    Some days, as I have said before I can get them while washing up, cooking, cleaning - carrying shopping - almost anything, no matter how occupied I am, because deep down, I think I always have the thought of them in the back of my mind. Not Good! I remember a particularly strong one yesterday, I was talking to my little boy and I felt it in my throat. Really scary. How do we ever learn that they are not harmless?? I really understand where you are coming from and it should help us that our symptons are so similar.
    If you want to e-mail me to talk more please feel free.

Take care,
    Linda.xx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information