Thread: soooooooo scared to start taking my tablets

soooooooo scared to start taking my tablets

The dr has put me on proprandolo 10mg, but i am so scared to take them. I am not a big fan on tablets, but i needed some thing to help calm me down when i had to visit the drs, dentist or any school meeting.

He told me to take one as and when needed. But i am scared to take them , incase the side effects are horriable. I need to put myself in a situation that gets me going to take one, then after the first time, it might not be so bad.

I am scared incase any thing happens to me when i have the kids with me.

Re: soooooooo scared to start taking my tablets

Hi shinny, not sure of you conditon that causes you to take meds, but have you tried rescue remedy, there are different kinds .I would stir clear of meds, g.p,s. are to always dishing out meds ,where i feel that natural remedies work just as well if not better, and the added bonus of no side effects.

10mg is a very low dose and propanalol has low side effects . If I were you I would just try one when you are at home for the evening with nothing to do then you can test your reaction ,if there is ,without worrying

joy

i agree with what joy had said-10mg is a really low dose. you have to remember that ALL tablets have side effects-a nurse said to me last night "if you read what side effects you could get from the tablet then you will get them" the really strange thing she mentioned is that paracetamol has the highest percentage of people getting side effects!!! so if you think about how many people take paracetamol everyday and they DONT get a side effect then the chance of you having something are very slim.

i was on 10mg propanolol years ago and they helped me (i was getting palpitations) and i cant remember getting any side effects. just remember thousands of people are on these meds and they are designed to help people, not hurt them. obviously everyone has their own opinion, and meds arent for everyone but they DO help hundreds of thousands of sufferers all over the world.

why dont you try taking half of one just before you go to sleep? thats what i do when i have new meds to take as i'm the same as you-i HATE taking tablets!

Thread Information