Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headache

Post Re: Headache

I have had a headache now for 5 weeks in the same place on the back of my head but to the left a little bit (kinda behind my ear) i was scanned a few weeks ago and there was nothing (although i was convinced they had missed something for a while) The hospital thought it was painkiller headache (used them for too long) but obvously i didnt use the painkillers till ig ot the dam headache ANyway they say ther eis nothing wrong so i just got to kinda live with it - my GP says he thinks its tension because my arm hurts too and he says thats a trapped nerve due to the way im holding myself because im so tense !! Bloody anxiety hey !! xx hope it eases for you soon !!!

Re: Headache

hiya

I have been to the GP this am complaining of bad headache she was really nice, I have been honest with her re other symtoms, she has just checked my pulse and blood pressure (A bit high but she said that was because of my anxiety) she said headache is probably nerves and tension. She said if it was a brain tumour or anything sinister there would be other symptoms she could recognise.

Re: Headache

Hi guy's my father has just passed away after suffering from a glioblastoma multiform. He was 74 years of age and in good health untill some little toe-rag tried to rob him, pushed the door when he went to open it and hit head on the Radiator. Scanned that day in Feb 07 nothing seen. Did complain after wards of mild headache but it was when he started to forget things, peoples name and the double vision we got concerned. As he was only scanned 4 months before these symptoms started I was completley thrown I never dreamed it would be a tumor. Then on Xmas eve found him lying on his bed very confused, (looked like he had a fit) took him to hospital and bingo scan reveled massive tumor He was given three months to live and we were told it would be a painless death. It was just that, fell into coma a three days before the three months were up and passed peacefully away.

To put some of your minds at rest, he never really complained of any physical pain, he never ever needed morphine. Because he lived on his own I think he was getting fits that we did not know about.

To come to the heart of the matter, I am a 49 year old very fit person, never been ill in my life, I work in an Acute Admissions Ward and I see lots of people who come in with symptoms you all discribe 99% are as fit as fiddles after there scans. Well believe it or not I am into my fourth week of the most severe headaches, that feeling of not being myself i.e. drunk/hungover feeling, no tablets will touch it, and I feel that my memory has deteriated and am now very worried myself that I have a brain tumor!!!! I am off to see the doc tomorrow for the first time in 10 years but a strange thing to add is that I joined this site yesterday and touch wood my headache as reduced to a slight nagging that I believe is due to reading the symptoms of the many contributors here and I feel confident and I pray I'm right that it maybe all the stress of my Dad's illness and a rocky home life.

The point to end on is if someone like me who see's patients all day long can suffer with stress anxiety then you can rest assured that I do realize and now empathsise with all of you.

Will keep you posted on my visit to the doctors,, (should be interesting after an absence of 10 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information