Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Histamine and anxiety

Re: Histamine and anxiety

Hi Palfium

Don't know if you noticed but this post is over 1 and a helf years old.

Kinds regards
    Lisa

Well I would agree with others than Benadryl for anxiety isn't a good or permanent solution to the problem. It is possible that you truly have histamine levels that are off, and if that is the case, you should address those. There is a product called Allerase, and it's designed for those who are amylase deficient. This often results in congestion and allergy symptoms. The Allerase works to help maintain normal histamine levels in the body, which is why it might help you. I would suggest giving it a try and seeing if it helps. Either way, you should also meet with a doctor and have your levels tested so that you can find a better solution to your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jacq View Post
    Hi Mirry, i have read a few articles on this subject and it does sound very convincing, 1 off the articles i read suggested drinking a full glass of water when you feel anxious as it dampens down the histamine. Don't know if there is any truth in it or if it is just in the mind but it does help alleviate the symptoms somewhat, i drink a full glass before i leave the house now.

Jacq x

I am a biochemist...who also suffers from PTSD. Yes...histamine is released under stress conditions. A good example is a person who gets hives from stress. Histamine is also released in response to too much potassium without enough salt to balance it out, or too little or too much salt. If you eat a lot of potassium containing foods, salt should be eaten to balance it out. Basically...it's an electrolyte and water balancing act. When your electrolytes are too high or too low, histamine is released to help balance the act. If you eat a proper, non restricted salt intake, AND drink at 3 litres of water every day histamine should be reduced.

Taking antihistamines don't do anything to stop the stress induced histamine production, they only block histamine receptors thereby blocking its action. Blocking histamine receptors over the long run will make your body think it needs to produce more histamine. You certainly don't want that!

Water and a proper salt balance WILL reduce histamine production at the source. Knowing this, I did research and decided to start following the program outlined in, "your body's many cries for water" by Fereydoon Batmanghelidj M.D which shows how to balance salt with water to reduce histamine intake. one of his students has a blog... http://www.watercure2.org/histamines.htm

Well, here's to drinking to our health.

hi guys ,well interesting discussion,ive never had a histamine test but im thinking that i might and through recent years ive come to the conclusion i have sensitivities to histamine.I do suffer from anxiety and after experimentation with supplements i know for sure if i take vitamin b complex containing vit B 12 my mood seems to get better but my anxiety goes through the roof.However i think only by have a proper test will i know if histamine is the factor causing this.
    Vitamin c seems to lessen my anxiety somewhat so this would support the theory. Also a few years ago i had an adrenal stress index test done and it showed my cortisol was quite low in the morning, supplementing with licorice has helped me alot and improved my energies and moods.So guys i think best thing to do is get a few tests because otherwise you just are guessing at the real problem.

There are three histamine receptors in the brain, H1, H2, and H3. H1 stimulates the release of several neurotransmitters; noradrenaline, adrenaline, dopamine and acetylcholine. H1 activation causes anxiety and H2 receptor activation relieve some forms of anxiety.

H2 receptors stimulate cAMP release, which accelerates metabolism. H2 Receptors modulate calcium release into voltage channels. H2 Receptors stimulate gastric acid production. H2 Receptor activation can cause acid reflux disease. H2-activation decreases dopamine in mesocortical pathway, increases testosterone in men. H2-receptors stimulate sexual desire, H1 receptors stimulate sexual function via vasodilation.

H3 Receptors in the brain are auto-receptors, they regulate histamine release. H3 usually decreases histamine, as it is only activated when histamine is too high in the brain or body. Histamine H3 activation will cause depression in some individuals by causing drops in several important neurotransmitters.

Thus if you have high histamine...You will get a burst of energy and motivation from all the neuron firing, then when histamine binds to H3 - all that drops. High histamine therefore will make people drive towards achievement, but then possibly drop out half-way. Like the neurons burn themselves out, see ?

EXAMPLES OF HIGH - HISTAMINE (HISTADELICS)

Marilyn Monroe
    John F Kennedy
    Marshal Mathers (Eminem)

Why ?

They all had what seem to be limitless energy to achieve their career and career stamina but all had a history of depression and drug abuse.
    Therefore histamine causes motivation and depression.
    Also, all three individuals had a type of sexual addiction or affairs at some point. Look above at how H1 & H2 stimulate sexual function, then think about raging sex hormones in ADDITION to histamine = out of control libido.
    Last edited by clayzor; 26-11-11 at 06:38.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information