Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: List of things that help anxiety

Re: List of things that help anxiety

I find Passiflora really good to help keep me happy and relax me, it takes a few weeks to work and tastes abit like you'd imagine flowers to =p but if you take it with fruit juice its not so bad =]
    I found Kalms good to help me sleep aswel

cool thanks for the info heather

I thought taurine was a stimulant

Taurine is an amino acid, never heard of it being a stimulant, also depends on the kind of stimulant, theres good and bad ones.

Any info you got wud be cool

edit: durr of course, lol its in red bull. yeah its a mental stimulant. Thanks for reminding me!

Great list tho. Will check some of them out.

Dont forget to do some research into any of em you try

hi i dont know too much about all of this and i dont know how much effect herbal/natural remedies have on anxiety. also if you dont/wont tkae meds even taking herbal/natural stuff can be a worry?

however i have been taking stuff to help with pms and i can say 100% it has helped but i can also say that i had to deal with my anxiety about side-effects first however i reasoned that if they were for sale in boots then there couldnt be a problem - maybe wrong but if i hadnt said that to myself i may not have tried them, and im so glad i did!

i take 1 osteocare a day - this i beleive has helped my anx big time i am not getting as severe anx in my pms phase - which is 2 weeks

i also take a multi-vit, 1 starflower cap a day(high strength - bayer) and a high strength omega 3 cap, and i feel loads better.

i have also bought a juicer and blender and i am doing that everyday to try to up my fruit intake, also ill be having low fat bio yogurt with that which is good and i also take linseeds most days.

some of the other things youvementioned i have heard are good for pms but i would still be worried to take some stuff so for now ill stick with this combo and see how i get on.

but i have only taken the starflower caps for a fortnight and already my breast tenderness is no where near as bad as it normally would be!!!!

oh i forgot to say starflower is borage and also oats are a super food and also osteocare tablets are high dose calcium and magnesium - a deficiancy in which i think has been linked to anxiety, and i dont think you could get this dose in a normal diet, also it said in my pms book that taking 2 tabs could cause diahrea (spelling error) and i took 2 one day because i didnt know if id taken it and lo and behold the day after i couldnt keep off the toilet, so d advise one a day only

Hey Emmas
    glad to hear herbal remedies are helping you, everything we eat/consume effects our body in some way so of course certain herbs will effect anxiety.
    Omega 3 fish oils are known to make you more cheerfull and generaly healthyer so those help loads,
    calcium and magnesium are very important for anxiety sufferers, magnesium alone can remove anxiety straight away if taken in the right dose.
    good job with the juicer home made smoothies are the best.

Herbals can give you side effects but are generaly small things like upset stomach, headaches. so you should'nt worry about trying new things. as always just do some research into them before you try somthing new.
    but if youve found a mix that works then stick to it

awww thats a lovely post ace1rimmer! tnx - it is really brill when you take control and start to feel better isnt it? this book ive got about pms talks about various things youve mentioned - i think black cohash is one of them, but like i said im even wary of stuff like that!!! which i know is a bit barmy, but when my anx was at its height i wouldnt even take multi-vits, so really ive come along way. and i cannot beleive how much better i feel since taking the osteocare - it was amazing coz in the third month of me taking them i noticed that even though i was mentally anxious i wasnt getting the pins and needles as bad wheich is always my first signal that then sends me into panic. please keepposting about what you knw because like i said although im not that educated in the stuff i do find it fascinating

and also the juicing and smoothie making is fab too, my daughter loves it weve been making some wicked juices and smoothies. im into this stuff called manuka active honey - but i got some and it tastes of germolene so even that freaked me out a bit - and i went to a site for it and it was talking about pollen but said it can be fatal if you are allergic to bee stings- well ive never been stung to know so ill be keeping aaway from that stuff!!!

but i would recommend to anyone else reading to get a book by this guy called jason vale who calls himself 'the juicmaster' ive seen him on this morning and he is totally obsessed with juicing - but ive got to agree with him -its great, my husband keeps moaning though and saying how can you get the goodness when you have all the waste, but im like jeeez we have all this fruit and we dont even eat i, so why not juice it and make it easier for us to consume, and to stop chucking it away! and guess what he stops moaning when hes drinking them every bloody night!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information