Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any words of encouragrment

Hi there

No need to feel bad about being on meds, if they're helping that surely thats a good thing? I'm so glad that I'm taking them again and that I pretty well have my life back after a really acute episode of panic/anxiety nearly a year ago. At first, improvement does seem to happen all too slowly but be patient and you'll soon be feeling better again; don't let your bad days cloud the fact that there are so many good ones ahead. Hope you start to feel much better really really soon hun.

Love Jo xxx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

Hi Longie

I was a bit like you, my anxiety and panic arrived about four weeks ago like a torrent and I have feared everything since then!!!!

With the help of the good people here I am amazed at my progress. Meds were not for me, the side effects landed me in casualty with the worst PA ever. I am trying to self heal, determination, support and my desire to get back to normal ASAP are all doing there bit to help.

Don't beat yourself up over the meds, if they are working, no side effects and you can see an improvement then surely they are a good thing for you right now.

Take care, you will soon start having more good days than bad.

Angie

HI ,

The normal pattern of recovery is suddenly out of the mire comes a good day, then another and then a blip or two and then a slow transition process of more good days than bad .

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hi Longie
    I'm not any meds at the moment, but i know when i went on prozac the doctor told me it could take anything up to six weeks before i felt any different, so maybe you just need to stick with it a bit longer and then you'll feel better.
    Take care
    Tracy
    x

Hi all
    thanks for all you words of encouragement,today was a real shock after yesterday am pre menstral so maybe that has something to do with it. my middle child asked to go swimming today we havent been since i have been ill, the thought of it made me panic, but i was determined to do it, and i actually took all 3 kids swimming on my own,so there must be some improvement cause i could barely leave the house a few weeks ago
    thanks again
    love Longie

Hi Longie

That is great news, you made yourself go and you coped, that is a great improvement.

Hope it has given you some well deserved confidence.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Hi Longie

Well done you for taking them swimming, so, see you must be feeling better. My anxiety is always worse pre-menstrual Iv'e often wondered if there is a link.

Take care

Elaine x

Longie

Well done on going swimming. If it is something that you would never have done a few weeks ago then you must be making progress!

Stick at it ok?

Nicola

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information