Thread: Advice Please Regarding Eye Vision?

Advice Please Regarding Eye Vision?

Hi all,

First of all, this weekend has been a stressfull one, with yesterday being an hard day coping with everyday stress of work and money. I have not slept good for the past two days either and I was very tired yesterday.

I lied in bed at 11pm and something weird happened, my left eye lost it's vision for atleast 30 seconds, which I got up with fear etc. I tried waking up fully, and started to test my eyes etc.

I told my wife after this event and she said it was properly me going into some sleep, with me being half a sleep and half awake.

I then went back to bed and woke up feeling ok about it all.

As the day went on, I remembered I bumped my head above the eye around 9pm, but I though nothing of it as it did not hurt, which the wife said it would not of been that etc.

I have not lost vision again all day but it's been aching but I'm sure it's me concentrating on it, as I have had that symtom before.

I'm just after some advice but I realy do not want to see a doctor as I have not been all year, which is good for me and I don't want to start it all off again.

Red

Re: Advice Please Regarding Eye Vision?

Hey
    I am a newbie to this board. That must have been frightening, boy do ur bodies do some crazy stuff to us!

I felt like you, I had not been to the doctors for a while, but I left it and left it, and if its the kind of health anxiety I get, it ate away at me a bit. I did talk to my doctor and it has helped.
    Do you have a facility where you can call your doctor and chat over the phone? I do and its invaluable. I don't use it alot. But I certainly do not feel like I am a pest if I am going in all the time. Plus the doctor can talk through it over the phone and determine whats best.

I have no idea if I have been of any help and I am well aware I probably rambled! But good luck

Emira x

I had a very similar thing not long ago where my right eye kept loosing vision and I was finding it hard to read any words which were on the telly as the words kept going distorted. ( I was also getting lightheaded too) So I went along to the options instead of the Dr to have my eyes tested and a health check on them. My eyes were perfect. I did mention to the optition about the blurred vision I was getting and he put it down to anxiety and stress.

This gave me reasurrance and within about a week my viosion was back to normal. Thats because I think I stopped thinking about it all the time after I had been the optition.

Maybe you should go and see one rather than the Dr and I'm sure you will come out with the same result.

Its amazing how many symptoms we can get from anxiety. I know as I think I have had them all!!

Good luck,

Pauline x

Quote Originally Posted by pauline32 View Post
    I had a very similar thing not long ago where my right eye kept loosing vision and I was finding it hard to read any words which were on the telly as the words kept going distorted. ( I was also getting lightheaded too) So I went along to the options instead of the Dr to have my eyes tested and a health check on them. My eyes were perfect. I did mention to the optition about the blurred vision I was getting and he put it down to anxiety and stress.

This gave me reasurrance and within about a week my viosion was back to normal. Thats because I think I stopped thinking about it all the time after I had been the optition.

Maybe you should go and see one rather than the Dr and I'm sure you will come out with the same result.

Its amazing how many symptoms we can get from anxiety. I know as I think I have had them all!!

Good luck,

Pauline x

Hi,

I might do the same thing but I experianced a chronic headache through the night so I will see the doctor first today, then see what he says.

Red

The doctor looked at it Tuesday, did some eye tests and looked into eye and said everything was ok but it has started to hurt again today.

I'm wondering if stress can cause it as I'm worring over lot's of things at this present time .

Red

Thread Information