Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: today

today

Hi, I've been feeling quite positive since joining this site and recieving so many messages of welcome and support - thanks.So today I went to the bookshop to get a couple of books about anxiety to help me better understand the whole thing, I also bought a couple of relaxation cds - thought these might help me chill out abit , will have to see if it works! Anyway, I was feeling quite upbeat then something happened which wouldn't have bothered most people but it sent me into a panic and I ended up having to take my tablets to calm down but they took ages to work and I've ended up feeling low again with all the "what if's" going round and round. It's so frustrating. I'm going to go back to the gp to see if I should be taking some different medication. Sorry to be on a downer, I have a question for you though, how do I get in the chat room? I've clicked on the chat room thing on the home page and I get a page come up with information on but thats it, I can't seem to get any futher. What do I do, I'm a bit of a novice with pc's!

Thanks

hi fairy,
    you go on the chat room thing, and at the bottom of the page put in a name, and press chat, thats's the first thing i went on!

I'm 14, and i have situations where i'm having a good time and all of a sudden i get anxious and start panicking. For me they have gotten pretty regular this week, but they are getting better (touch wood)

I'm on 4 different medications at 14, the herbalist said Kalms are pretty strong for a girl my age, but i think they hardly do anything, so now im on, Kalms, rescue remedy, vitamin tonic (calming) and these other tablets for calming (don't what they're called). sometimes i worry my-self with all the stuff i take but they all help!

I hope this site can help you further, it's helped me alot!
    good luck

Chaz xx

Don't let the little things get you down, make the most of life!

what happened that made you panic fairy??

are you sure your using the right link for the chat? its not the dreamchat any more there is a link posted on here somewhere

fan x

hi and welcome. Click this link for the chat usualy someone in after 8 30pm

http://pub4.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/342349380

For the Relaxation to work u have to do it daily and for a long time i found. at first you will think you are getting nowhere. Did you get the Book Essential help for your nerves by Claire weekes? i found this book a great help. Its 400 pages but well broke up, I read a little each night before going to sleep and it realy helped me. Take Care Vernon

Hi Vernon, I clicked on the link you posted but I'm still none the wiser! I get a page that tells me to enter a name etc, but there's nowhere for me to enter a name, everything I click on just takes me back to the home page. I'm probably just being a bit thick or my pc is! I didn't see the book you mentioned in the shop but one of the books I got was overcoming anxiety for dummies, I don't know how helpful this will be but I thought the way it was written was a bit more easy going than some of the others I looked at.

doddy-I paniced because my handbag got knocked onto the floor at home and it has my pills in, I then got it into my head that my baby had got at my tablets, she hadn't she's fine, but my panic as immense. I'm not feelling much better today to be honest, some days it just seems like one thing after another!

Chaz- I've heard about rescue remedy, is it good? I've thought about using that instead of the tablets the doctor gave me as Idon't think they work very well.

Thanks for the help everyone, hopefully I'll work out the chat room thing soon

Fairy

You need to have Java enabled on your PC as well. Did you not see a box that asked for a name and profile?

If not then you need to edit your settings and enable JAVA.

Nicola

Nicola, there isn't a box that asks for my name so it must be the settings, I'll have to get my husband to sort it out for me, he's more of a computer whizz than me. Thanks

Ok ask him to get java enabled for you lol

Nicola

Hi Fairy

Hope you get it sorted and get in the chat room soon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information