Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dentist

Dentist

Hiya all,

I have just booked an appointment with the dentist for this afternoon. I have extreamly bad toothache which has got worse over the last 2-3 days and now i just dont know what to do with myself. Its not going to get better on its own but i am agoraphobic and have hardly been out in years. I know i have to work at it and face the panic to get better but i dont like dentists at the best of time and i am so scared. Now i need to destract myself for the next 2 1/2 hours. im really worried that i will end up having multiple panic attacks and crying my eyes out. At least my dentist is a nice guy but

Blackie

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

“True bravery is shown by performing without witness what one might be capable of doing before all the world

Re: Dentist

Hi Blackie,you will be ok.Is there anyone who can go with you?
    Let the staff know how you feel,they are usually pretty good and understanding.
    Well done on making the appointment,you will feel alot better when the tooth is sorted.Im sure you are more anxious cos of the pain.

Try and keep busy until the appointment.Listen to some relaxation cds if you have some.

Thanks ellen

My mums going to come with me but i do feel guilty as she has had to leave work early. i think the pain may be an advantage as it doesn't really give me a choice about whether to go or not. I feel like i am running on my nerves though. I will just be glad when its all over.
    Blackie

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”

“True bravery is shown by performing without witness what one might be capable of doing before all the world

Hi Blackie,

Do you have a relaxation cd that you can listen to before you go?
    Well done on making the appointment and i hope your pain eases soon.

I'm sure you will be fine, the anticipation is prob worse that the actual thing and it's going to be worth it to be pain free.

Love & Hugs

Pink
    xxx

Hiya
    thanks pink. Your right,like most things the idea of it is ussally worse then the acctual thing.
    i dont have a relaxation cd but am listning to a terry pratchett audio book.
    I just hate dentists as they ussally mean pain but as i am allready in pain i dont have much to lose. And i am hungry but cannot eat.lol
    Blackie

Hiya Blackie

Just wanted to wish you luck .

I can appreciate how you feel and I am thinkin of you .
    When I was like this I would try to focus on 'the after' .
    That is , try not to think of the actual appointment , but the fact that by tonight it will all be over and done with . Don't feel guilty about yr Mum , cos she wouldn't want to see u continue in pain from not going to the dentists . It was only the agony that made me go too .

As soon as u see yr dentist , tell them you are terrified and then they will give u the support u need or a least they better lol ! No shame in being so scared Blackie xx

Give yr self a huge pat on the back when u get home

Good Luck
    Hope xx

Hi Blackie,

Good luck.

tomorrow,less pain and a sense of accomplishment will replace the anxiety.
    best wishes,
    Chalky

Hiya
    Thank you so much guys for all your encouragement. only 30mins to go now. In a way i just want it to come now so i can get it over with and have the needle and stop the aching. Like you say,focus on the after.
    thanks so much

Blackie

Yay
    I did it!!!
    Feel great that i managed it. Not so great as i am still in pain. He has given me some meds but they wont take much effect for a day or too. Hopefully tomorrow i can wake up feeling better.
    It was really nice being outside again in the fresh air and seeing other living people. Being stuck at home you tend to forget there is a world out there.
    Whats even more heartbrakeing is i am not going to eat my dinner tonight which is my favorate.

Thanks again guys for your reassurance.
    Blackie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information