Thread: A survey on Panic for my Essay--pleeeease help it's due Fri! :D

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A survey on Panic for my Essay

Hi everybody, I would be so thankful if you would take a moment to answer my survey for my persuasive essay about Panic Attacks. Write what you know, eh?

(And yeah, it's another good reason to panic...essay due Fri...grumblemumble...)

Anyway my essay's about "Panic Attacks are important enough for the general
    public to be educated about." I think that panic does NOT get the same attention as other disorders and mental issues do and so many people don't know about it. That's half the reason I had panic in the first place: I simply didn't KNOW what was happening.

1. Do you think there's a difference in coverage in the media (TV, radio, internet) between panic and other disorders (depression, addiction of various sorts, bipolar, PTSD, etc)? What do you assume the ratio to be, generally?

2. Is there more information in different mediums? (For example I found exactly what I needed through the internet and there are a ton of panic sites out there, vs. info from the TV.)

3. Where did you first hear about panic attacks? (From your GP, the TV, word of mouth, family, etc.)

4. Do you feel that the coverage of panic and the knowledge about such distributed to the general public is adequate? What changes would you like to see?

5. Do you feel that panic disorder/attacks is not taken as seriously as other mental issues? How about any issues, medically? How about taken seriously, period?

6. How do you feel the general public views panic attacks? Do you wish to make a difference in this view?

7. Do you have panic attacks/panic disorder/agoraphobia?

8. Anything else you'd like to say about this subject?

Thank you so much for your time!
    Last edited by Gryphoenix; 29-02-08 at 22:01.

Thread Information