Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello another newbie

Hello another newbie

Hi
    I'm 27 and live in hampshire, I'm suffering with panics, mainly health related and depression, I'm having a really bad spell at the moment and cant pick myself up out of it, I'm due to start cbt soon, but at the moment i'm not so sure i'll make it to then.....My partner has gone away for a few days, not sure when he's back exactly and I've become separated from my friends so I feel so alone and desperate at the moment!! Just can't stop crying and checking myself for signs of impending horrible death!

I really want to get out of this, but need some help, advice and direction

Katiekatie

Hi Katie

I was where you were a few months back..I couldnt see past the hour I was in...But believe me you have to be strong and you will get thru it.

I tried to hide how I was feeling from my family fiance and friends for nearly a year - I was bubbly and out going on the outside yet on the inside I was a mess.

It finally caught up with me and I lost it. My family and finace have been there for me 100% and I know i still have so far to go. But I will make it.

And so will you.

Have you spoken to your family or partner about how you are? You need to talk to someone about this as take it from me...it doesntgo away and you need all the support you can get,

Im 22 and online nealy all the time - please please speak to me if you need a chat about anything.

Everyone on this forum is lovely and im sure if you read thru the posts youll c your not alone.

Take Care

Tatty B xx

Hey katie,

I know exactly how you feel, and you are in the right place for lots of support. I have found this site to be the best thing ever for support and advice. It is so good, to know you are not alone. Have a look through some of the other posts, you may find something that helps!

Take care

tracy x x

Hi Katie,
    I have been through a lot of emotional turmoils in my life, resulting in me suffering from panic attacks etc.. I am now 38 and most of the time much better than I was, but I still panic about the D word and can't face that ever happening to me or any more of my loved ones. You will come through this and please try to get to counselling sessions as these should really help you.

As others have said, read through the other posts and you will find you are definately not alone.
    Take care,
    Linda.

Thank you for your replies tattyb, tracy and linda, very quick indeed, its really nice to know there are people a few mouse clicks away!

katiekatie x

Awww thats ok Katie [^]

everyone on here is lovely and such a great support network.

x

Tatty B xx

Hiya Katie,

Welcome to the forum. Have you read the website pages yet? have a look at first steps page I'm sure it will help.

You will hang on in there for your CBT but there are other things you can do before then.

You say you have become separated fro your friends. i lost contact with some friends after my 1st son was born - one of them sent me a text about a year ago asking if I would like to go round for a drink and I was dlighted to hear from her and have been meeting them a few times after that - could you try that ? I'm sure they would like to hear from you.

This forum is great for advice or even if u just want a chat

Take Care

Lucky

Hi Lucky,

I will look at the first steps section,

I'm glad you have made contact with an old friend. I have moved house and area every few years for the last 10 years, my first boyfriend cut me off from them then i moved away from him and tried to contact again but they moved too, then i move again and again, and with the panics is difficult to go out by yourself and make new friends, I have done so a few times but then i have to make excuses when i panic and let them down and they eventually disappear too, I desperately would desperately like to make some but I feel so bed at the moment, I need a rocket or a kick to get me started again. I just left it so long i'm not too sure where to start..

katiekatie

Hi katie
    I have been where you are too Katie and know what you're going through. You will find a lot of support on this board. I too don't have many friends, no real close ones anymore so I know how you feel.
    Take care
    Donna

I know how you feel about needing a good kick up the a**e I have felt it many times before, sometimes though you need to take things a bit slower than that. As i said look at the website and maybe try and get yourself a bit stronger before venturing into the unknown - Do u work?

Maybe you could do some volunteer work when you feel better to get out and meet people - for the moment take care

Lucky

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information