Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello another newbie

I totally agree Lucky

Although its hard to realise you need to slow down (and when you do your mind still works overtime) somtimes thats just want you need to do.

Taking on and dealing with too much will bring you down if your not ready.

Im not working at the moment....My aim is to go back part time when i feel completly ready too - i dont want to start before then and go back down.

Tatty B xx

Hi Katie welcome to the site you will get lots of help here. I to suffer lots with health anxiety, and have felt I cant take another second but am still here. I found reading Clarer Weekes book Essential help for your nerves helped me loads. I read a little every night before going to sleep. We also have a chat room someone is usualy there every night after about 8 30pm and u would be made very welcome if u fancy popping in? the web address is

http://pub4.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/342349380

Just click that and come for a chat. Take care, hope u feel a bit better soon, Vernon

hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find it really helpful

fan x

Hi Katie
    You've already had some good advice, so just wanted to say welcome to the site and i'm sure you'll find plenty of support from everyone here.
    Take care
    Tracy
    x

This is amazing, there are so many people replying and i'm not the only person in this boat...

Hello donna and fan!

Linda, no I don't work, when I got with my boyf 3 1/2 years ago he said i didn't need to work so i stopped and thought it was great at first, shopping and lying in whenever i wanted, but as time went on i started to feel isolated and dependent on him which made my self-worth awful, I started panicing worse because i was getting used to my own company so much of the time that i lost grip on reality, i realise now that you need people in your life,
    you are right too, i probably need to slow down instead of trying to kick myself out of it, giving myself something too hard to do and feeling worse that i havent acheived it in one day!!

Tattyb I would like to get back to work part-time too.

I have so many things that i want to do, join a yoga class, work and earn some money of my own (lots of it too if the truth be known, its not everything but i am gready), have some good friends that i can drop in on or who pop round ti mine and go out sometimes.

I have had mild panics for a long time and have coped?? with them to some extent but at christmas i had 3 courses of antibiotics which made me feel so rough and sick and ever since I have been in a state!

Hi vernon, i got a claire weeks book years ago but couldn't get into it. i think i have always tried to ignore my problems, but having hit rock bottom feel ready to startfacing them.

katiekatie

hello Katie,

Just wanted to welcome you to the site!! You will receive loads of help and support here, I'm sure.

Sarah

Hello again Katie,

My panic is different to yours, because I have always carried on with whatever is going on with my life even in the middle of a full blown panic attack, so I have never been confined to the house as I didn't let them take hold of me in that way. I think mine have affected me in other ways and I know my thoughts are nearly always wrong but still haven't learnt how to change them properly. I have been lucky in meeting people because I have two children and you tend to meet people in a school environment, but when you do get out, just start chatting to people in the supermarket, at bus stops etc.. I suppose thats easy for me to say because thats probably how I disguise my panic, by talking. I can remember coming back from holiday three years ago, from Jamaica and was absolutely petrified on the plane - I hate flying and really couldn't see me attempting a flight so far again, with how I feel these days - but instead of sitting there showing everyone how scared I was, I just kept talking! There was a man near to me who was as scared as me, and I think I made him worse! Also, like you though, I have moved a lot and find that I don't have many good friends locally. Also, I do not have any family as I had lost both of my parents by the time I was 27 and only have one sister, who I don't see. That makes me feel very isolated as I feel I have no network of support, especially where my kids are concerned.

Hopefully if you can get some good help you will overcome all of how you are feeling and get your life back on track. I know its hard, but at least you are trying.

I hope I haven't gone on too much, I feel like I lost tract halfway through, sorry if I did

Take care,
    Linda.x

Hi Katie

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi katieKatie ,

Glad you feel that now is the right time to tackle these panics head on . You seem to have coped well with them in the past.

What part of them is the hardest for you now ?

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Hello Sarah and Karen

Linda, your post put tears in my eyes, I am sorry you lost your parents at a young age, you are very stong coping with anxiety and bringing up 2 children. I am not totally housebound but i find it hard to go out, so worried about being ill and looking like a twit, and i do feel like i am being looked at all the time but i think i will try your strategy of talking to people, will take my mind of it maybe. and no i don't think you went off track half way, i followed anyway!

katiekatie x

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information