Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOT AGAIN!

NOT AGAIN!

Hello,
    Just got up and felt fine. Made a drink (decaf coffee) and sat down to have ten mins on here before I get the kids up and wham loads of missed beats. Checked my pulse and could feel the pauses one seemed like forever and now I am shaking and my heart is beating really fast inbetween the ectopics. Trying not to think about them so they will go away, but they have really scared me again, after saying yesterday I was going to try really not hard not to let them get to me. Sorry to go on about the same thing but feel I will never work past these. (Just had another one)
    Linda.

Hi
    i dont suffer with these but can relate to what you are saying because all the symptons of panic are very scary. it has taken me along time to come to terms with my mind actually causing my physical symptons,and i still get new ones.
    fo me and probably alot of others the morning is the worst time as you anticipate hoe you will feel , also it is a stressful time getting kids to school etc although we may not feel stressed as such our bodies are still producing more adrenelin to fuel our bodies and this rush causes our physical symptons.
    if these heart beats are causing you anxiety i would go back to your gp and ask to go on meds for the short term,then after a while the physical symptons of panic will ease and you will, realise that it is your mind doing it to you, that is how i came to terms with it
    love Longie

Hi.
    Having children whilst having these attacks aren't very pleasant.
    You have to try and calm yourself down. Easy to say and hard to do I know. The more you concentrate on the feelings you have the more they will be at the forefront of the mind.
    I can understand where you are coming from though.
    Have got 2 kids myself and have been where you are.
    Concentrate on your deep breathing methods to see if that helps. One that I did and still do is...(now it may sound nuts but hay whatever gets you through) sing your favourite song to either just yourself or out loud! Try and read a paper..just anything you can to get your mind of the symptons.
    If they get to bad though do go and see your gp. They might actually send you to a counsellor or if you have a good one they may just listen to you themselves.
    Hope this helps.

with good wishes

Zena

Hi Linda

How are you feeling now chuck?
    I can't really add anyhting to what Longie and Zena have said so hold on in there you will be ok.

Take care

Elaine x

Hi lin. sorry to hear how you feel but you are getting better? think back you had a good day yesterday. we all have these set back but bet if u look right back u never had any good days? its slow but you are getting there to get better days. hope u feel better soon. Venon

Hiya Linda,

When you feel loads of missed beats DO NOT check your pulse, that is only going to make things worse, making you panic even more when you feel 'big gaps' I know it is difficult but if you can at least try and stop checking it should help you.

Lucky

hi hope your feeling a bit better , think my advice would be that when you feel the panic dont check your pulse etc just let it past checking only confirms what your feeling then exaggerates it take care

fan x

Linda,

When a set of missed beats come on don't sit down and listen to them - get on with walking up some stairs, have a bit of a dance around the room and give your heart something to work to.
    Its often a sign of gearing up or gearing down so let it get on with it and then go back to what you were doing.

Taking your pulse is useless anyway as with skipped beats and ectopic beats some of them don't push out enough blood to reach the wrist so you are counting less beats than are actually happening at the heart end so it seems worse than it really is.

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
    You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Linda
    Bet you totally panicked and didn't breathe through them did you??? Grrrrrr @ you lol. Remember what i keep telling you when they happen relax and control your breathing ok i promise you it works. I've had a couple today as i was walking home from train station but took deep breaths and they went. I've checked my pulse before after having them and it was horrible to actually feel those beats being missed so now i don't do it. I just check my pulse when i think i'm having a heart attack lol...sorry joking[:P].
    PM me if you want Linda coz at end of day i do really know how you feel but you know i've suffered years with them and i'm still here.

Take care
    Tracy
    x

Sorry that you're feeling bad, but it's just a blip.

Don't know if this has already been suggested (??) but what about some exercise? I had very bad breathing problems at the beginning of term, so much so I was sent to hospital because they thought it was a blood clot. Of course, it was just anxiety/asthma/virus combined... but you know what *really* made me stop worrying? I made myself go to an intensive aerobic session - when I was already breathless. You can imagine I honestly thought I was going to keel over, but I was fine! Not only was I fine - but the exercise made me forget about my breathing and I finished the session hot, sweaty and without the same horrible breathlessness. Doing exercise when you're worried about something fundamental about your heart is great because it reassures you that everything is working tickety-boo. It also helps release those endorphins making you feel less down and less tense/anxious. Even if you work out and still get the ectopic beats, work through them, carry on - you'll soon see NOTHING bad will happen. At all. Try and stop worrying, hon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information