Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fear of penile cancer

fear of penile cancer

I have made a previous post similar to this one, but I am really worried about this... I can't afford to go to the doctor as I do not have health care.. but I ran across a site on the internet about penile cancer... It said that you have a lesion and I googled 'Penis Lesion' and saw a picture of someone who had something that looked like mine.. but his was from Psoriasis.

I am circumsized and I don't have any weird growths or anything on my penis.. I'm 18.

The spot I have is healing, I have a few other that popped up but have almost completely healed... I was masturbating frequently and having sex frequenently...

Would cancer lesions be very red or open or anything?
    Mine is almost skin color now and its kinda dry. It was like this before then I masturbated and it got worst.. so could It just be friction or what?

Edit: These are on the shaft.. Right below the head.

Oh, Also.. It was never an open sore or anything, looked more like a blister but has faded ALOT.. especially since I stopped masturbating... It has been there for like 2-3 weeks but has got alot better.. Would penis cancer lesion or whatever get worse instead of looking better?

Sorry, forgot to add this as well.. I can spred the skin where the redness is.. and theres no raised bump or anything.. The skin is just red and dry.

So could this be penis cancer or nothing to worry about?
    Last edited by jpwn; 01-03-08 at 22:18.

Re: fear of penile cancer

No. You have to believe the tests yu have had done. Also the docs and nurses would have checked for cancer. As the spots are healing then it definately isn't any form of cancer. I hope this helps and I also know how hard it is to stop worrying.

I agree, if it's healing, then it's not cancer.

hiya i totaly agree if its healing its not cancer i no its hard but please try not to google it makes us ten times worse i no cuz i used to google loads .and believe me i also no how hard it is to stop worrying tc xx

I dont think its cancer either.. Are you using condoms while having sex? If you are maybe its nothing but if you are not you should go get tested for STD's.

Hope all goes well.

Well the person I have sexual intercourse was put on birth control and during that she was tested for STDs, etc.. so I know I don't have STDs.. besides shes been my girlfriend for a good while and i know she doesnt sleep around.

It is healing though, it's still kinda red/dry but not as much... My nerves are killing me though, I hate health anxiety... When I think about it.. I think the inside of my penis is burning but when I pee and don't think about it, etc.. I don't even notice it. It could be a urinary tract infection but I really doubt it, considering it only happens when I think about it. What do you think?

You have the answers yourself - it is nothing!

It is in your mind

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

HI Jpwn,

You seem to be trapped in a cycle of constant doubt.
    Googling,etc will continue to exacerbate your fears.
    The answer lies within you.
    Either go to the Doctor and set out all your fears or accept that you are fine physically and deal with your mental torture.
    One day at a time make a pact with yourself not to go looking for symptom checkers on the Internet-it is clearly causing you great distress.
    Focus on distracting yourself through activities which have a positive impact on you.Day by day this will raise your spirits and allow you to have a healthier outlook.
    Best wishes,
    Chalky

Yea, I know.. Health Anxiety = Annoyance.
    I'm so glad I googled long enough to find this site, you guys are so helpful.. Thank you

Well, like I said.. It doesn't burn when I pee or anything.. and I certainly don't have any discharge..

It's just when I think about it.. It does.. but when I don't think about it.. it doesn't. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information