Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireguy View Post
I am just wondering whether a symptoms i have had for a few weeks now is Globus Hystericus or a throat problem/condition...........I have had this for a few weeks but it feels like it is getting worse, firstly it feels like there is something stuck in my throat, everytime i swallow it feels as though something is there, i seem to be able to drink/eat properly without too many problems, obviously if it was life-threatening or something serious i wouldn't be able to swallow food/drink.

It feels terrible, also it feels like someone has their hand on my throat the majority of the time and it feels as though there is a lot of phelgm in my throat or something.

Now i went to see a doctor about it over 4 weeks ago and they said i had enlarged tonsils, i saw another doctor about it a week later and they said it was due to my tonsils being large, they went down in size but recently have quite a little bit large again but my throat is not sore at all..........the thing is i cannot see the enlarged tonsils causing this problem, i keep thinking it must be something serious.

I thought about acid reflux but the thing is i don't suffer with heartburn so i guess that rule's that problem out, unless it's something more serious than that, sometime's i think could it be throat cancer..........etc etc.

I am very concerned about it, it's a symptom which is annoying me severely and i feel like it is affecting my quality of life, i have heard about globus hystericus before but what is it exactly? and what can it make you feel like?

The thing is i have this problem from the minute i wake up until the moment i go to sleep so it's something that never seem's to go away.......so i just wanted some opinion's on this matter.

Thanks........
Hi,only this week I have been to the hospital for the old camera down the throat job.I was experiancing exact same syptoms as you describe.AWFUL.!!! Anyway following both blood tests and a biopsy,it,s been determined that this is caused by excess acid,although I might add ,I didn,t have either indigestion or heartburn.I have been prescribed Lansoprazole 30g for 1 month after which I will return to the hospital to see if there,s any change.
I was rather worried it would be true to say,but feel better for having it checked out properly.