Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Globus Hystericus Or A Throat Problem

Re: Globus Hystericus Or A Throat Problem

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It could be acid indigestion as well.
    Hi, Thank you for your message

I've always thought that i've never had acid, does acid indigestion cause symptoms constantly like the ones i am getting?

I don't suffer with heartburn or anything like that, food doesn't seem to make it worse, i just have this throat and stomach thing all the time and i keep feeling sick.

I'll bear acid indigestion in mind, thanks............

It can yes - I get it a lot - take some drugs called Losec when it it bad.

Let doc have a look and diagnose though

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, remember that these G.P.'s earn around 80/100 grand a year and for that we should demand an explanation/diagnosis and if they don't know what is wrong, they should display enough respect to the patient to say so.
    Look forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    It can yes - I get it a lot - take some drugs called Losec when it it bad.

Let doc have a look and diagnose though
    Thanks again ...................Can i ask what do i do if the doctor blames it on anxiety? or doesn't really talk about it, i am not particularly keen on doctor's i don't like seeing them just because i think they don't always listen or investigate things properly or they are too quick to fob you off, i'm talking from experience.

Do you think it would be better to write down my symptoms rather than talk about them? I'm just hoping to get rid of these symptoms or to at least calm them down, i don't want to keep on feeling like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sagey View Post
    Hi, remember that these G.P.'s earn around 80/100 grand a year and for that we should demand an explanation/diagnosis and if they don't know what is wrong, they should display enough respect to the patient to say so.
    Look forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow.
    Hi Sagey..................I totally agree with you, they earn a lot of money and the majority of the time they should have an idea what's wrong..........i would definitley rather a doctor said if they didn't know what was wrong then i could see a different GP for a second opinion.......

Well i have just got back from the doctors................................i don't know how to feel really.

I wrote down the symptoms about my throat and stomach and also wrote that they are troublesome symptoms, i also handed the GP the questionnaire that they asked me to fill in.

He then went on to say that my nervous system is working too much and that i am suffering from anxiety.

My throat is still the same, my stomach has started hurting again and keeps rumbling all the time for some reason, also i still feel sick alot of the time....................regarding my medication, my GP has decided to up the dose to 20mg, he asked about going on 10mg.......i said that these symptoms started appearing when i was on 10mg so he said to up it to 20mg over a few days.

Will upping the dose to 20mg cause more side effects??..........also do you think that upping the dose could clear up these symptoms and problems with my throat and stomach?............thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireguy View Post
    Well i have just got back from the doctors................................i don't know how to feel really.

I wrote down the symptoms about my throat and stomach and also wrote that they are troublesome symptoms, i also handed the GP the questionnaire that they asked me to fill in.

He then went on to say that my nervous system is working too much and that i am suffering from anxiety.

My throat is still the same, my stomach has started hurting again and keeps rumbling all the time for some reason, also i still feel sick alot of the time....................regarding my medication, my GP has decided to up the dose to 20mg, he asked about going on 10mg.......i said that these symptoms started appearing when i was on 10mg so he said to up it to 20mg over a few days.

Will upping the dose to 20mg cause more side effects??..........also do you think that upping the dose could clear up these symptoms and problems with my throat and stomach?............thanks.
    Sorry I missed what meds you are on and what for ? I am on Nexium reduced from 40mg to 20mg for acid reflux, I started with thre throat thing after Christmas also getting sore tongue and continual belching, I was diagnosed with chronic acid reflux in december evn though I hadnt had any symptoms as far as I knew and am now in constant state of tyerror over getting oesophagal cancer. The throat is probably anxiety, I am due to have camera down in 2 weeks to check throat I have already had gastroscopy which is horrible but discovered I had acid damage....I do find the throat gets better when I first wake up and if i really manage to forget about it which makes me believe it really is anxiety although you always think perhaps its throat cancer...my health anxiety over last few months has cost me a fortune as GPs are absolutely hopeless ( im in sheffield) and I have to go privately to get any sensible replies to anything, also using acupuncture chinese herbs DGL black raspberry powder you name it Ive tried it.........how do you feel now ?
    Last edited by elitest; 07-03-08 at 12:50.

The only thing i don't think is causing my anxiety is my throat problem.................the doctor didn't really say anything about it but he read my list of symptoms and my questionnaire and then just went on to say that i am suffering from anxiety.

However earlier today i had a nap on the sofa.......i woke up after an hour or so and i was choking on something, it took me a few seconds to clear whatever it was that was there.......it still feels like something is there now.

This may be a silly question but is it possible to choke on mucus/acid/phelgm??......I've never heard of anyone who has but i just wondered whether it is possible.

I keep thinking that it may be excess mucus/phelgm.......but i really do think that something is there and there is some kind if problem because i feel something there now and again and occassionally i sort of choke on it so that makes me think there is something in my throat causing these problems.

Hi Yorkshireguy,

I'm sorry things didn't go as well as you'd hoped at the doctors. The only thing I can offer is reassurance in that my throat feels the same as yours. It can make me feel sick and as though I have a lot of phlegm. In fact it feels quite uncomfortable now as I write this! The mind is a very powerful thing and can make you feel the effects that you're worrying about. I know it's hard to do but I'd try not to concentrate on it as much. If it was something sinister I'm sure you doctor would have picked up on it.

Take care,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Nibbles View Post
    Hi Yorkshireguy,

I'm sorry things didn't go as well as you'd hoped at the doctors. The only thing I can offer is reassurance in that my throat feels the same as yours. It can make me feel sick and as though I have a lot of phlegm. In fact it feels quite uncomfortable now as I write this! The mind is a very powerful thing and can make you feel the effects that you're worrying about. I know it's hard to do but I'd try not to concentrate on it as much. If it was something sinister I'm sure you doctor would have picked up on it.

Take care,

Mike
    Hi Mike, Thanks for your message......................It was ok at the doctor's but this throat thing is really bugging me now, it's really getting on my nerves.........i was hoping the doctor might take a look in my throat or something but they didn't do that.

I've just taken some Gaviscon tablets to see whether it could be down to acid, if it doesn't do anything then i presume i can rule that out?.............My throat does feel like there's loads of phelgm in it or mucus or something.

Like i said above i sort of choked earlier.......it took me a good few seconds to clear whatever was stuck there, i just don't understand how mucus/phelgm could get stuck in the throat?...........i just want to know what is causing this problem so i can get it sorted out, it could be down to anxiety.......but as i keep feeling as if something is there i keep thinking it's something more serious than anxiety.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information