Thread: Panicking now!

Panicking now!

Hello everyone.

I'm having a panic this morning. No particular reason. Feel a bit squashed physically and feel that my lungs wont inflate properly. I have tried to relax and haven't succeeded so thought I would come on line to see if anyone can talk some sense into me. Just being here is making me feel better.

Isn't it hard trying to let the panic do its worst and wait for it to go. I always want to fight it and not in a good way as I end up with more adrenaline than I know what to do with.

Like many on here I've been so much better recently and I've done things I haven't managed for years so I've sort of been expecting this attack. Of course today is the day when I really need to get on with things like the washing and all the housework. I find that so overwhelming with my arthiritis and I need to learn to pace myself and not leave it all to accumulate. This also comes down to motivation and that is something I've been lacking for a long time. Ok I'm being negative now. Arrgh my brain is going round in circles

Re: Panicking now!

Hey Sheba,

Sorry you aren't feeling great at the moment

I know what you mean about just trying to let the panic wash over you, but its a natural reaction for us to want to fight something if we feel threatened by it.

Its hard to work up the motivation to do anything when you feel low, I get the same hun.

As for pacing yourself, I tend to put off doing things as well, when I cant face them. They're not necessarily hard tasks but its just making the effort to do them isnt it

I think doing some housework would help take your mind off the anx hun - put on some motivational music, or whatever music makes you feel good

Jo xxxxx
    Last edited by Lilith1980; 06-03-08 at 10:49.
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Thanks Lilith.

I can't seem to drag myself away from here this morning. It feels like a crutch to me today and I think I just want someone to chat to. Have tried the chat room but noone's there. It seems really quiet on here at the moment. Panic has subsided now but I'm feeling really low and though I hate to admit it sort of sorry for myself and pathetic.

Pause. You're right I need to distract myself. Washing and ironing here I come.

Hi Sheba

Try and calm down a little. When I first started to venture out and started to get my life back together again the first thing that popped up was the breathing problem, I imagined I had all sorts of things wrong but it was just the anxiety rearing it's ugly head again. I would keep breathing in all the time to check if I could and just made myself worse. Try and ignore it and just do the things you can do to distract your mind. Don't put pressure on yourself by worrying about things you should be doing, just take it easy and do what you can and don't forget to do something nice for yourself.

It is very hard to just let the anxiety come and do it's worse but it is the way out, it certainly does take some practise. Try and relax as best you can and I am sure you will be ok. The more we face each panic as it comes the easier it will be to deal with it. Keep trying to be positive it will pay in the end and remember you are not alone.

Take care

Love
    Carol
    xx

Hi, just to let you know you are never alone, I feel so much better knowing there are others who understand. Today I and feeling very anxious and can't sit still, I have been on and off here like a yo-yo lol. I know I have to endure this as it's only part of the recovery process.

I am really finding that one good day, or even mornings activities tires me out so much that I need the next day to recover.

Didn't help that I drank lager and had a curry last night, and thus didnt sleep too well, so I know some of this today is down to that.

I am going to nip out and get some fresh air, don't worry about the housework it will still be there tomorrow.

Christine xx

Quote Originally Posted by sheba2 View Post
    Thanks Lilith.

I can't seem to drag myself away from here this morning. It feels like a crutch to me today and I think I just want someone to chat to. Have tried the chat room but noone's there. It seems really quiet on here at the moment. Panic has subsided now but I'm feeling really low and though I hate to admit it sort of sorry for myself and pathetic.

Pause. You're right I need to distract myself. Washing and ironing here I come.
    Hi hun, nothing wrong with wanting to talk to people, its nice to know there are others around when you need some understanding

You are certainly not pathetic, the fact that you deal with the anx day in day out shows how strong you are

Are you able to go out? Even if its just for a walk to get some air? Might help clear your head?

Jo xxxxx
    If I could speak words of water,
    You would drown when I said
    "I love you."

Hey Sheba!

Ok i know it's far easier said than done but breathe! Get your relaxation CD out and do the breathing thingy...I'm also working myself up into a panic this morning ( the shrink thing at 2) but i am doing what your doing and trying desperately to control it. So i'm going to take my own advice and try to calm down.

Both of us have done it before so we can do it again..don't let the housework overwelm sp? you if you don't get it all done today so be it, but doing some will help take your mind off it.

Remeber breathe!

Maxine x

Hi! Sheba,

Sorry! you are feeling "Out of sorts" today.

I find going outside and taking a little walk helps me to distract from how I feel.

I don't know what the weather is like where you are but here in West London it is lovely - perfect walking weather

Take care,

Love,
    Kim X

Thanks for all the messages. Have put some washing on and then naughty I know but decided to read a book for a while and then check blood pressure which I do once a week. It was fine really good 127/71 so my new medication is working at last. Its taken nearly 2 years to get it to that level.

I think I'm just having a tired day (again) I've been really pushing myself so much in the last few weeks and apart from the mental problems my arthirits is full on at the moment. One of the things that really gets me down is not being able to tidy up too well. Any repetitive movement makes me seize up. Plus I feel that I have spent the last two years being frozen with fear and have moved so little that my body is just unfit for human use!!

But this will improve and it is so nice to have you all to chat to. I wish you could pop round for a coffee but then I'd be freaking out about the mess which isn't really that bad just not as good as my mum would expect it. Why do I need to be the same as my mum and have everything clean and shiny?

Thread Information