Thread: Feeling jittery when next dose is due??

Feeling jittery when next dose is due??

I've been on Citalopram for just over 8 weeks now ( 1st 6 weeks on 10mg + 2 weeks on 20mg). I take my tablet 1st thing in the morning and find that I often feel jittery when I first wake up and sometimes get the runs. Once I've taken my tablet and am up and about I'm usually fine for the rest of the day. My GP says its possibly just the thought of having to face the day. She may have a point but I wondered if the benefits of the drug can start to wear off when the next dose becomes due? My GP didn't seem to know. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Re: Feeling jittery when next dose is due??

I was on 10 ml for four weeks then moved up to 20mg and have been for the last 2.5 weeks. My anxiety still seems worse especially in the morning. I am hoping this will wear off because It effects me most of the day but in the evenings i am much more calm. I would be interested to know what others think as well

Hiya,

Well, I've been off Citalopram since April 2006 - was on it for 6mnths prprior to that at 3x20mg per day.

I still feel a little jittery and nauseus in the mornings - some more than most, and I accpet it as just part of me now. I'm sure it is anticipatory.

I don't think the effets wear off before the next dose as it s an accumulative medication - so my GP said! I take it this means it has to build up in your system gradually and stays ther until you come off it.

Hope this was helpful

thats helpful to know. still very anxious into my fourth week of 20 mg so hoping it will die down soon

Citalopram has a half life of a couple of days (this is how long half the dose takes to disappear from your body). I think this is anxiety you are describing.

Feeling bad in the morning is a classic anxiety and depression symptom (so I have been told). I have been exactly the same. I had a session of hypnotherapy last week and have been doing self hypnosis at home and when I go to bed I tell myself that I am going to feel good in the morning. So far so good and it seems to be working and I feel much much better in the morning now.

Hi mumof2

I have been back on these tablets for 7 weeks now. 10mg for 6 weeks and 20mg for 6 days.

I always feels anxious when i get up and this continues to last through the day, evening time i start to feel better.

Im hoping this is just side effects of going up a dose.

love mandie x

I get the same thing. I was on 10mg for 6 weeks and now been on 20mg for four weeks. I spend the whole day feeling really anxious and then come the evening feel ok. Really confused by this?

Thread Information