Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scared to exercise :-(

I know what you mean Angie, regards exercise I mean.

Whilst I do always go for at least a 20 minute walk per day, I have at times found this difficult, but have even done it with 'jelly legs'.

I am very phobic about doing the garden and any major jobs around the house.

I'm not sure how many miles 1,000 (did you mean 1,000 or 10,000?) steps equates to, but it seems a good idea to do a lot of walking. Now the better weather has arrived, I hope to walk along longer stretches of the nearby river and canal in future.

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Ray

We are supposed to do 10,000 steps a day!! I am sure I dont!

Nicola

Hi guys

I have started to tackle this little problem, on Sunday hubby and I did some major work getting the garden ready for spring, digging, planting, landscaping the pond etc etc. I felt pretty shaky at times but carried on regardless and I must say at one point I was humping 20K bags of slate chippings about (very Charlie Dimmock!!!!)

I also did 5 mins on the exercise bike yesterday and aim to gradually build up to 40 mins again.

A funny last note, we have some stone sheds at the bottom of our garden which is where I have my tumble dryer. Decided to launder all the beds yesterday so made myself skip up and down to the dryer with all the wash loads. These little short bursts of making my heart beat faster were actually quite fun...however when I told Rob what I had done he thought it was hillarious, he envisiged our neighbour saying to her hubby "i'll have whatever Angie's taking, she is skipping doing her laundry!!!!) I am not even taking anything

Slowly but very surely I am re-claiming my life[^]

Hi Angie

I have been afraid to exercise too, but I went to yoga last week and have been walking round the house with my pedometer and just ordered an exercise machine, so I can get fit again, for me too if i was too tense just going up the stairs was enough to tip me over the edge, i was worried it would stop me breathing not my heart.

Well done for starting to exercise and keep up the positive attitude.

katiekatie x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information