Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the most silly thing....

Bees and wasps are another favourite of mine too (add it to the list)

Just for the anaphalactic (sp) shock aspect.

I try very hard not to let the kids know of my nut fear - although at my worst I really freaked out when my oldest was etaing a bag of peanuts

Now I let him eat chocolates with nuts etc in them and just tell him I don't like them.

Do sit quietly panicking if he comes near me with the offending choccie in hand but really don't want to give him a fear of nuts (especially since I fully intend to conquer mine one day!!)

Unfortuntely he has the wasp phobia (I take total blame) and runs a mile from them - my boyfriend goes mental!!

Lucky

Hi Angie,

I thought I was the only person to freak about anaphalactic shock! I was getting the throat tightening lumpy feeling and after having a camera down and finding nothing at all wrong with it I decided that I was getting warnings for anaphalactic shock. I actually stopped eating all nuts, then fish then one day refused to eat anything.....I eventually got so weak I couln't stand up and ached all over, 2 weeks ago I decided to eat again, it was hell, but I have done it and Ihave watched a program about it, 1)it is very very rare, but a lot of media hype and news about it lateley which makes it seem more common than it really is, 2) you are born with it and although you can develop allergies later in life they won't be to the extent of anaphalaxys.

When I started eating again, for half an hour after I was in tears because my mouth was itching (first sign of anaphalaxys), somehow I'm still here though...

I know someone who sings and claims it helps with the tight throat.

Bet you don't feel so silly now do you??

katiekatie x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information