Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can you give yourself an illness

same here jane only been doing affermations a few weeks but i done some nice colour ones on pc then laminated them. so i can carry arounf in my pocket lol.

Fan not big surgery at all but they might want to [ut me to sleep coz they said the eye might be too long or something. I dont think its the surgery i am so scared of. I think I will have heart attack with ther fear of going there. last time i cancelled on the day. I couldnt even walk and was shaking all over.

I don't think that we can give oursleves something like cancer but I do believe that people who worry about things like this are more likely to get them. I am a worrier as well and try so hard not to - it always seems to me that the laid back people never get these things..

Hi Longie,

I am sure everyone is right, you can't give yourself an illness, but you have been through so much, it is no wonder you feel how you do. My fear for the last three years has been my ectopic heartbeats, but if I am having good days with them and then get a headache, I worry about that! I also find that looking up the sympton on the net, does not help. I think they make things sound worse than they are and you can think all sorts. I have tried to stop looking up ectopic beats now and just rely on talking to people on here and my counsellor.

I am sorry you didn't get to see Lily. I was lucky, if that is the right word, I got to hold Cory and he had a funeral, but I can't bring myself to go to his grave. I have been about three times, in nearly three years and that makes me feel so guilty, but I always think about him and talk about him. It will be three years on 15th May, when he was born/died so I think I am going to try to go. It might help. You are doing so well, and have given me some really good advice but I think all this just takes time. We are such sensitive people, us anxiety sufferers and we are always more aware of things than the other sorts of people - we are normal they aren't, is how I look at it! - but we just need to learn to put things into perspective. We will get there eventually.

SPACE CADET - I am so pleased that you went on to have your children. I lost my little boy, Cory at five months, but already had a boy and a girl. Cory would have been our third child. I am 38 now and don't think I will have any more although I would love one. I also had two miscarriages, only at six weeks, in between my eldest and youngest, but never gave myself time to grieve at all with them. Your nan's thoughts are probably right, your babies that you lost were probably sent for a reason, I always like to think Cory is with my parents and grandparents in heaven - my mom and dad never got to see either of my children, so Cory was for them.

Hope I have been some help to you.
    Take care,
    Love,
    Linda.x

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information