Thread: Yikes!!!

Yikes!!!

I thiught I was doing alright. I havent been able to carry on with the
    hypnotherapy as I cant afford it but I have the cds and Ive got a job which I hope to start after Easter. Things were looking up....or so I thought...

I had the day to myself (no kids) yesterday but it was spoilt by escalating anxiety during the day.
    I was terrible on the train to see my niece and nearly got off a stop early coz I didnt think I would make it.
    My solution (stupid though it was) was to sink a load of wine when I got to the pub where I was meeting my niece.
    Bad move... Although I was alright for a while, later on I started to feel worse than before and felt really depressed.
    I know I shouldt have drunk so much but I just wanted to ease the panic.
    I had to take temazepam last night and I feel awful this morning coz the girls were up at six am. My partner is at work all day and I have no help.
    I feel like Im back where I started at rock bottom

Re: Yikes!!!

To be really successful Kaz, hypnotists should teach their clients self-hypnosis to carry on where they left off. Hypnosis is great but it soon wares off if you don't carry on with it.

Hi Kaz,

What you are suffering from is probably due to the excess alcohol as you sort of know. Because of that you feel a bit low and probably not great and then that triggers the anxiety. Also mixing alcohol and the tranquilizer is not such a good idea as you also probably know. Knowing this wont make you feel physically any better but should hopefully calm down the anxiety. Drink water to neutralize the effects and just put it down to experience. I'm sure you will feel better tomorrow.

Hello Kaz !
    This was just a blip on your fantastic road to recovery. You never slip back, its just another opportunity to learn to do things differently. Looking back now you can see that using calming techniques on the train would have really helped to stop your anxiety spiralling out of control. Panic has a habit of sneaking up on us, don't be fooled by the thoughts and feelings it can cause. Thoughts and feelings can't hurt you. A blinding hangover and boisterous kids sounds like a recipe to fray anybody's nerves ! Put it down to experience and get back to those CD's and start to feel confident and excited about your new job. You are so close to recovery - you just don't realise it ! What a great opportunity.
    Be kind to yourself

Thread Information