Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a dog!

Get a dog!

We all need a bit love and affection in our lives, but if like me and have a partner who doesn't give it, then get a dog. Really, a dog will reward you with love an affection, and hugging your pet can be so therapeutic. I take my dog out twice a day - maybe spend more time with the dog than I do with the wife. Damn, as my relationship got that bad.

Re: Get a dog!

Dogs are amazing Tom, I totally agree. I have a rottie pup, he's going to be 2 next month. He is so affectionate, I love him so much, and I know he loves me too. Unfortunately, my other dog passed away a couple of months ago - he was the family pet, whereas the 2 year old rottie was mines (my ex gave him to me). So, I have always been in charge of Buster (rottie). But since my other dog died (who my dad had most to do with) Buster doesn't feel like my dog anymore. My dad has completely taken over everything - he feeds him, he takes him walks etc. Buster always slept in my room with me, always... as far as he was concerned it was his room too. But now, because of my dad, he has started going through and sleeping in his room. It just makes me so sad. Buster was the one thing in my life that was mines, who loved me like I loved him, and now it feels like it's been taken away. I don't get on with my dad, and feel he has done this on purpose.

Anyway, back to the point. Dogs are fantastic pets, everyone should have one! So loyal, and loving, and love giving cuddles!

Lou x

I couldn't agree with you more.

No matter how I'm feeling my lovely mate is always there for me.

Even when I go out for only 15 minutes, on returning home she carries on like she hasn't seen me in years.

Love my dog to bits
    SJ

totally agree tom , my baby Cleo even knows when my moods changed she s right up on the sofa beside me i have my family but i really dont know what id do without my beloved Cleo shes the one person that i know who wont let me down or turn against me shes always there for me when my anxieties bad she"ll insist on lying on my knee for cuddles and attention .

sally........
    Attached Images Attached Images

That,s just super sj how did you do that, ?Hum ,tom, well at least the dog does,nt answer back, Louise , sorr to hear your dad is treating you this way, could he not get his own dog!You say that you and your dad do,nt get on to well, but have a word with him and explain how this is making you feel . My dali is 11 yrs old and she is a big part of our family, i came out of hospital yesterday and she was sooo excited to see me as i was to see her.She keeps following me around the house, i just feel abit useless at the moment , and hubbi is getting to take her out ,without me , ah well , soon be off on our walks together soon i hope.

I totally agree with you I wouldnt be without my fur babies.

Am I the only one on NMP who prefers cats? lol

LMAO JACO......woof woof woof!!!!

Love Lisa
    xxx

yes i agree a dog will give you unconditional love. no matter how you feel they will always stick by you know matter what. through good days and bad they are always buy your side. im agoraphobic and it gets me out for walks and that has helped alot with my anxiety disorder. so i feel very blessed to have my hannah
    debera

I do like cats also, I used to have five at one time, but with my pouch not liking them, i could never have one. I also have a couple of rabbits, a aquarium full of fish, and about 20 feral pigeons that I feed.
    We live at the bottom of a farm lane, so you can imagine there's all sorts of creatures come in the garden. My wife is scared stiff of mice we get in the garden, but like I keep telling her, we live in the country so it's their natural habitat. I love this time of year. The countryside is now starting to come alive after what seems a long winter.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information