Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ectopic heart/beats - some help

Re: Ectopic heart/beats - some help

Hi,

I've suffered with ectopic beats for about 2 years, and only until about a year ago, did I even know they were them. I had ECGs and 24 hour tapes, and because they were so infrequent then, nothing picked them up! They decided it was "just stress" and sent me off with no information, almost as though I made the whole thing up!

After finally being told what they were (I can still remember the doctor who reassured me!), and how they affect many people, and most people don't even notice them, it made me feel a lot better. Recently, though, they have been more frequent, and I've noticed it's very hard to ignore them, or carry on with day-to-day things, as though they aren't there. I'm still being checked out, as my symptoms have worsened, but I find it so hard to relax and calm myself - any ideas from anyone? It doesn't help that I am naturally quite an on-edge kind of person!

(Also I hadn't heard about drinking water to lessen the symptoms before, I'll give that a go aswell!)

J.

Hi Jennifer,

Im in the same situation, recently they are definitly more frequent and I feel as though I spend so much energy thinking about them, I know I have to try and ignore them however I feel they control me, which is not good as thats giving into them. I think we have to try and relax and just learn to live with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaggghhhh.

Shaz x

hi everyone!

Hope everyone is well. Or as well as can be expected.

Its really interesting to get some advice on these palpitations and I had no idea that drinking water would help, so I will try to drink more in the future.

I have had panic attacks for nearly 2 years now. But I started getting ectopic beats/palpitations repeatedly since last August...when my panic attacks started to die down. I think I notice these more now as I am more calm and perhaps concentrationg too much on my body sensations.

I now take beta blockers as I was getting these palpiations everyday. The beats are not pounding, but just missing beats, and I can feel them in my chest. They are the worst sensations of anxiety and I both sympathise and empathise with those that suffer from them.

My palpitations get worse at night, and after I eat chocolate..which i don't do regularly. And also when I am menstruating. Is this normal?

I still worry alot about them as they are something I suffer from everyday and I am STILL convinced I have a heart condition...despite having an ECG and a three day heart monitor attatched to my chest...and numerous doctors listening to my heart sounds...all being normal.

Its so annoying!

Can anyone give me more advice on how to eliminate them further?

Sorry to be a pain!

I'd like to hear how all those that suffer deal with their symptoms also.

xxxxxxxxxxx

woke early this morning and felt my heart beat was wobbly. my pulse was all over the place. its a horrible sensation.

Hi Guys

I havn't posted for some time. Afew months back I was on here all the time. I was suffering terribly with the ectopic/weird beats. I couldn't stand it. I found this site so fabulous (wish i'd known about it years ago). After having all the tests (again), was told everything was normal I couldn't believe it. It took a while for me to accept it and just let things happen without adding the 'what ifs'. Now afew months later I found that they have eased somewhat but i do still have them and sometimes quite badly. I keep just trying to 'embrace them' as my doctor told me to do (quite hard but i'm trying).

Take heart guys, you are not alone and it sure does help to know this.

take care everyone and love to you all

Tracy

Exclamation Re: Ectopic heart/beats - some help

Quote Originally Posted by shaz01 View Post
    Hi Jennifer,

Im in the same situation, recently they are definitly more frequent and I feel as though I spend so much energy thinking about them, I know I have to try and ignore them however I feel they control me, which is not good as thats giving into them. I think we have to try and relax and just learn to live with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaggghhhh.

Shaz x
    I am 47 now and suffered for twenty years ,in the early days they were unbearable ,they could last all day every half minute and a doctor telling you their harmless really doesnt help does it ? in my case the drugs I take for arthritis mixed with heavy drinking back then cant have helped , i still get them but not as bad , a good diet no smoking little alcohol and plenty vitamins will help and I have found st johns wort to be of benefit too but as someone once said you have to face your fears , if the beats get worse when you run then dont stop just run faster.

I've had ectopics for about eight years, for years before I was diagnosed with anxiety. I'm so used to them now I worry when I don't have them. lol

I have just been away for two weeks and whilst away i ended up in hospital and found out i was suffering from ectopic heartbeats and was very scared but have read some of the advice on here and i am definitely going to try and drink lots more water, when I think back to when this was happening I was doing my daily walks on the beach and not drinking enough and with the sun shining down stupidly i can now see I should have drunk lots more, my only excuse is the lack of public toilets. I will definitely try as I turned the dreaded age this year but have now decided this is not going to beat me and get back to being fit and healthy and enjoy life, will keep you informed xx

Hello everyone,

Very interesting reading about the ectopic heartbeats as I have had these on and off since I was 40, extremely frightening when they first came on for no reason, but after all the 'usual' tests, ECG, 24 hour tape, I was patted on the head, told not to worry and that it was most likely caused by hormonal changes due to pending menopause (peri-menopause) and was a common sympton in women of my age. The cardiologist was actually most re-assuring and said the more I worried, the worse they would be. This is so true and although I do get the odd bouts now and then, for no apparent reason, I try to ignore them and they do go away.

It is heartening to read the experiences of fellow sufferers as this condition is most disconcerting but I am a fit, healthy 49 year old and have learned to accept and cope with what is not as serious a condition as it first seems when if first occurs.

Good luck and don't worry.

Hello everyone, I registered to write down a few things about me. Even though this is an old thread it can always help people learn about others' opinions and experiences about these kind of things.
    I've had anxiety disorder since last summer for about a few months. Before this I was telling people around me that I'm having irregular heartbeats, and they would all say it shouldn't be a problem. One night I had a serious attack and had 120 pulse the whole night. Anyway after they stopped spending months still having them and with my shrink giving me antidepressants I started having ectopic beats again. It's much worse when I'm lying down. I was thinking it is a vital problem until now, but hey it's not. After all it's been months since they started and I'm still here. I'm glad to see people like me, I am not alone!
    Oh, water surely helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information